• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Yasmina Ykelenstam's cookbooks-or food ideas

JaimeS

Where do you guys order nuts from?

I like nuts.com in terms of packaging, service, and selection. They have a lot of organic stuff, too... but it isn't cheap.

-J

leela

Where do you guys order nuts from?

I like nuts.com in terms of packaging, service, and selection. They have a lot of organic stuff, too... but it isn't cheap.

-J
Agreed, they seem to have good quality/freshness/selection/customer service, but it's costly. Haven't ordered from them in a while.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
@Strawberry I think the most important thing with FRESH food is not that it is recently harvested - who can tell that nowadays, but that you don't eat leftovers unless they are immediately frozen. As they are high in histamine. Meat has to be frozen immediately, but I don't eat meat. I don't eat leftovers at all anymore.

The thing to remember is Yasmina also isn't strictly low H as she says that's not healing. I react to a lot of fresh herbs and she is stick thin which shows me she doesn't eat a lot. She also only has H issues and isn't sick on top of that like we are

Having said that she has some good info on her blog, but I also decided not to buy an expensive book.

Firefly_

Luckkyyy! Nuts are so expensive! And I go through them like mad, especially lately now that I'm avoiding carbs as much as I possibly can.

Good days are good, man. Only 1.5 hours in bed today. :D

-J

Good days are the bomb lol, used to take so much for granted, now I laugh out loud with joy when I can clean my bathroom! Funny how things change;)