Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Xylitol, Lactulose, and Apo-lactoferrin

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Lukey, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Lukey

Lukey

Tennessee USA
    I went on Lactulose last Monday and got good effects from it. I think it was feeding good bacteria and I was actually starting to improve.

Then I received my Xylitol and when I took 1/2 tsp in water, it caused immediate die off, and it still is. I'm taking 1 tsp + daily, plus using it to coat my teeth. I think I'll quit the lactulose until the Xylitol has had time to take effect.

I may go on apo lactoferrin in a few days. I hate to try too many new things at once but I'm looking forward to getting better.

It's amazing that oil of oregano, GSE, garlic, SF722, Biofase, Serrapeptase, all didn't do a thing to me but 1/2 tsp of Xylitol caused immediate die off. I think I must be on to something good now. I guess it attacks biofilm.
    It attracts mold and yeast, they say, then the mold & yeast consume it but can't ferment it, so it dies.

2. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Where did you get xylitol, can you buy it as 100% powder?

Thanks

3. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

JAH likes this.
  4. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I buy Xylitol granules to sweeten coffee and tea. I like this brand since it's not derived from corn, but their Xylitol is in granules, not powder:

http://www.globalsweet.com/p/GRX1.html

AZ and iHerb both have Xylitol powder. I've never heard herxing from it.

I also use Xylitol toothpaste, the Squigle Tooth Builder brand. It helps sensitive teeth and doesn't contain fluoride.

5. Lukey

Lukey

Tennessee USA
  6. Lukey

Lukey

Tennessee USA
    I got a 20 oz jar from Pipingrock.com for about $8 + shipping.

(Made from Birch bark, not corn).

JAH likes this.
  7. Lukey

Lukey

Tennessee USA
    Please tell me your experiences with Xylitol

8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I never knew it did that. I have xylitol cause I cant have sugar. I thou havent noticed any improvement from the xylitol as such. (there isnt much at all which gives me improvement).

I get the 2 Litre tubs of xylitol direct from the distributer who used to live locally to me (he then supplies it to the shops, so I get it for the same price as the shops pay for it .. half price or a bit less then that). I get the granule form which looks like sugar and use it in the same way as I would sugar.

The one I get they say is derived from non-allergic corn cob core (rather then birch, some can be allergic birch).

I suggest to those who have this to get it in 2L tub rather then then the small containers as its far far cheaper when brought in a bigger amount. eg $60 for 2 litres if buying it in a shop.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  9. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Could you please describe the die off symptoms? I am looking into Lactulose for lowering ammonia and wonder if xylitol would also be of greater help to me.

izzy

10. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Does the powder work as good as the granules?

See more popular forum discussions.