International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

XMRV testing: The REDLABS, trading as VIP Dx, WPI connection

Discussion in 'XMRV Testing, Treatment and Transmission' started by jace, Aug 9, 2012.

1. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    OK, well that's the end of that then...oh yeahhhhhhhh?

2. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
  3. wdb

wdb Senior Member

London
  4. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
  5. JES

JES Senior Member

Science doesn't work like that. It's not the job of me or any other researcher to present THE evidence that proves her 100% conclusively wrong. It's her job to publish results that we can trust without having reasonable doubt. And then for someone else to replicate her results. After that we can start talking about a sensible hypothesis.

Also, we don't have to have "something better". Just because we don't necessarily have something better, doesn't make "theory X" correct.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    andyguitar and RogerBlack like this.
  6. fingers

fingers Senior Member

SW Endland
    I heard that Rituximab study turned up negative.

So, why did Lipkin and many others do studies to prove 'her' wrong? Not their job? They were all over it like a fucking rash.

Ha, 'her job'...put someone in jail, suppress it as much as possible ...then say it's your job.
    A hypothesis is exactly that...and she has a sensible one.

I don't get your logic about 'something better'. If you are in a submarine running out of oxygen you gotta go with your best option.

See more popular forum discussions.