• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV positive by serology from WPI

Countrygirl

Gerwyn;64493]yes by directly damaging mitochondra especially those in cells of the immune system and brain where the mitos have about ten copies of dna each

Before the posts vanish off the page again, thank you Gerwyn.

leaves

Gerwyn: is it right that one can test positive for VIP serology test and not be infected?

JAS

"AIDS drugs blocked a virus linked to prostate cancer and chronic fatigue syndrome, a study showed.

Merck's Isentress fought the virus, XMRV, more powerfully than 44 other anti-HIV compounds tested against the pathogen in laboratory experiments, according to researchers from the University of Utah and Emory University. GlaxoSmithKline's Retrovir and Gilead Sciences's Viread also prevented XMRV from replicating, according to a statement from Emory Thursday."

leaves. Sorry...this was the quote...read it wrong. Was more interested in the Glaxo involvement!

leaves

Oooooh my foggy brain... I tested pos by culture not serology.. Nevermind ...