• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV Necktie

K

_Kim_

Thanks for the bit of Levi-ty. I think I'll give someone I love Hepatitis B for Christmas. It has an attractive, almost paisley-like pattern. I think XMRV ties would look quite dashing.

2300HepatitisTie4AJPEG.jpg

Hepatitis B

V99

I don't get the opportunity to wear a tie too often, any chance they would make a headscarf?

leelaplay

Is there a PR person in the house?

arghhhhhhhh groan Kim levi-ty:p:p:p:p good one!

Levi, you do come up with some amazing posts. Much appreciated.

Is there a PR person in the house? My avid imagination took your suggestion of having this picture made into a fashionable and educational necktie and ran with it.

What if someone could approach the tie company to see if they would make an xmrv tie with the proceeds going to the WPI? And of course help them write the educational info that's inside the tie so that they get it right.

Heck, I'd not only buy them as presents, I'd wear one myself.

Could come up with jokes about ME/CFS being the noose around my neck........

islandfinn:)

ps I took the liberty of adding the photo to the xmrv images thread.

Also, think I'm going to email WPI and give them my fund-raising idea.

spit

That is truly, truly awesome. And yeah, scarves would be another good use for the patterns.

I have a plush microbe, for the record. Giardia. A friend gave it to me as a gift back when I was a frequent backpacker. It's pretty cute, and will be even funnier if I'm found to have giardiasis, which I'm getting tested for just today, in fact.

leelaplay

Update:

I've sent the funding idea to WPI and to the hopefully open or soon to open Klimas Clinic, which, as described in another thread, sounds like sanity, the way the world should be.

islandfinn:)