• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

jjxx

I have been repeatedly harmed by nutritious food. Take something as innocent as raw carrots, or a squeezed lemon, or avocado, blueberries...
Raw carrots and lemon have potent anti-estrogenic properties, as does quecetin (aromatase inhibitor). Plus the plant hormones (salicylates) can be pretty poisonous to susceptible individuals. Someone wrote a book about salicylates and named it "The helthier I eat, the sicker I get" - I haven't read it, but this describes me :aghhh:

Someone close to me got the following effect from B6: she is just overcoming a mild case of PCOS (so was androgen dominant, in any case she isn't estrogen dominant). One or two days before menstruation she took B6 and had a severe depression, so I think it matches the description.

So true, one's meat can be another's poison.

The more I read about estrogen/progesterone effect in women, the more I am convinced its such an individual thing based on our each unique constitution. In my PMS case, I suffer mostly estrogenic symptoms: volatile, rage, which is however relieved by extra estrogen supplement plus high dose of b-complex. I can't never explain it fully, except that according to traditional chinese medicine, those symptoms also matches poor liver nutrition/function, which makes sense to me: liver demands high b-complex during menstrual cycle to process sex hormones.

jjxx

Perhaps progesterone intolerance is a symptom of low niacin?

Personally I do not benefit from dietary/supplement advice by Ray Peat, but think that nevertheless some things are worthwhile giving a look.
Thanks for sharing the article, very interesting!

I did take a glance of his website briefly. I have to say that, based on my brief glances, I am not surprised his advice did not work.