• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would these be useful tests for looking at HHV6 and EBV?

anniekim

Hi, here in the UK, doctors test rarely for anything. I found this private lab that offers the following group of tests (not cheap, about $650):

Human Herpes Virus 6 (IgG/IgM)
Epstein-Barr Virus Antibody Profile
Lymphocyte Subsets (CD4 / CD8 ratio)
CRP
Vitamin D (25OH)

I've noticed on here people talking about titres etc, am sorry have no idea what such terms mean. Would love any help explaining what the above tests would show, such as active infection, past infectin and so on.

Many many thanks in advance

undcvr

The first 2 wud be the third is mainly for HIV only. IgG/M does not differentiate btw A and B but if ur values are high you can generally assume that it is HHV6b.

Is the EBV antibody profile a test for the viral load ? If not try to get EBV real-time PCR done. It is the most sensitive test for ebv.

Montoya uses Focus labs, I use Quest and Bioreference and in general find Quest slightly better.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
lymphocyte sub set is used for people who cant get titres measured like in australia, cd8 lymphocytes are commonly elevated in active herpes infections like ebv, cmv, hhv6. If positive to one of the herpes virus to igg antibodies and have elevated cd8 lymphocytes then good chances that the virus is still wrecking havoc and a candidate for antivirals and hopefully within a few months these cd8 levels come down, so the cd8 can be a marker of viral load, although not a specific marker.