• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would like to compare symptoms with anyone homozygous MTR A2756G

kday

Most won't have it since it's pretty rare (about 1/100 people). But if anyone does, I would like to compare symptoms. You can post in the thread or PM. Thanks.

Anteah

Hi, Kday! I am heterozygous for that particular one, not sure if it is same, but may be similar enough. In terms of my understanding this mutation it is an upregulation and it wastes a lot of B12, hence I end up seeming to need a lot of B12. My overall symptoms are: heavy metal toxicity, gut issues, adrenal insufficiency, mood instability, iffy energy production, neurological issues (position sense loss, weird sensory processing, ASD-like in a way of interaction, especially with "very neurotypical" people and so on). So not sure how much this helps, but please let know what if any is similar to yours.

merylg

Hi kday, I am also heterozygous for MTR A2756G. I have a host of issues! Have up-dated my signature to show my Methylation & Detox mutations, as far as I know from 23andMe.

WoolPippi

Hi Kday, I'm homozygous for MTR A2756G as well. Would love to talk if you're still interested.

I already fixed a lot of my CFS/Adrenal Fatigue by aiding the liver, gall bladder, stomach en duodenum. And the nervous system.
Can't fix B12 though, can I.
MTRR A66G, MOA A*mumblemumble* and VDR Taq are also homozygous. (the other VDR unknown)

Heterozygous for MTRR A664A and MTHFR A1298C and MTHFR C677T and CBS A360A and BHMT-08

WoolPippi

I know you want to talk symptoms but I want to share my newbie Methyl-B12 experience + my 'oldbie' need for Lithium. (the mineral supplememt, not the drug)

2 days ago I started Methyl-B12. Just 1500mcg to get started. I felt instant bliss! (I have a sensitive body, I register a lot which is a nuisance as I get overwhelmed quickly but it also helps me with finding what foods and supplements help. But still, I could not believe this. But as I have repeated this experience without fault four times now I'm getting hopeful)

Minutes after ingesting a calm rises in me. It feels like the instant bliss progesteron (NPC) gives me but a little different from that. NPC is more like a wave that washes over me, something from outside is welcomed. With the m-B12 it seems to come from within. Today again, but after a while it weaned and my brain got excited (I'm also detoxing Copper at the moment while I bring my Zinc levels up so that may explain it. Or detoxing prompted by methylation-cycle). As I had read that this MTR/MTRR combination I've got going on really cranks up the need for M-B12, even to 5000mcg per day, I took another pil.
Again: bliss and calm. Both in my body and in my head.

Really....I never... I enjoyed it tremendously, i felt like my old self. But I was a good student and I had a lie down to aid my body and adrenals. I also resisted taking another pill when the effect wore off after a couple of hours and I returned to being exhausted. I don't know exactly what I'm messing with yet so best proceed with caution. However: the second half of the day I forgot to take my hydrocortison (hc) and I have not missed it. This is huge. My stomach acid is still ok, my bowels have their motility, bile is flowing, no stress from noise. This is not normal without hc.

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Major detox symptoms perhaps. But I have hope I won't have major detox: in the last few years I've been detoxing a lot by not being in Fight or Flight and by eating clean (I naturally gravitated towards a low thiol diet) and this Spring my body felt souple. Still tired but not burdened anymore. Which is why I took on the Zinc/Copper challenge. I doubt there's much left to detox.

My plan was to do this Copper detox. Then slowly wean off the hc. Then get tested for Addison's disease by endocrinologists. Because souple body or not, I hit a plateau and am not getting beyond 40% life activity (leave the house once a week, have 4 spoons a day). So the cause must be a physical fault and I was thinking adrenals. Then Gestalt put the idea of 23andme in my head. And you built GeneticGenie for the whole world to use. :)

About Lithium.
Years ago a naturopath discovered my body screamed for lithium. I've been supplementing it ever since, from Biotics. Not knowing anything apart from that it felt rigth. And I'm getting symptoms if I don't: depression, despair, a hunger for a meaningfull life and fame plus utter despair from knowing I won't, PMS, suicidal.
Just the fact that these symptoms disappear when I take this mineral (or when I stay away from vanillin or birth control hormones or soja) tells me those moods are not me. It is messed up brain chemistry.

Over at AutismWeb I've just read that lithium is very important especially in homozygous MTR A2756G and when supplementing m-B12. My body seems to echo this. What is your experience?

(sorry, need to do a Pippi now: "Utter despair? You feel utter despair?! I'm sure you meant to write "otter despair". Because when otters despair it's messed up brain chemistry for sure!
Unless you've got too much estrogen... then it's udder despair. Either way: it's not you. It's your chemicals.")

WoolPippi

on the 23andme fora I found a Dr. who also has these mutations. He writes about how he handles his own Methylation Cycle and also some experiences with his patients. (he's more into Ophthalmology nowadays)
His nick is CraigAlwaysLearning

Me, I stopped m-B12, folinic acid and zinc for a day yesterday and I grew better and better during the day. This tells me that I am detoxing at a daily pace ánd that underneath I am quite healthy. My ME is clearing up.
But this detoxifying is no run in the park... I'm tired, cranky, ill, hormonal, wired and very ME all the time. Glad to know it's all on the surface.

ps. I find firing up the Methylation Cycle with these particular mutations asks a lot of progesteron, which is also needed by the adrenals to produce cortisol (hello fatigue). And even more by women, who have to balance estrogens with it (hello pms). I supplement with bio-identical NPC (an otc cream) but had to use extraordinary much this month.
It also needs Molybdelum and Lithium and Jodium, I find.

kday

@WoolPipi I haven't monitored this forum in a long time. I had instant bliss when starting B12. I think I ended up using too much and my liver and gallbladder struggled for a while and taking too much causes liver/bile congestion. Can't really describe in detail right now, but if you are still around I would like to compare symptoms.

WoolPippi

@WoolPipi I haven't monitored this forum in a long time. I had instant bliss when starting B12. I think I ended up using too much and my liver and gallbladder struggled for a while and taking too much causes liver/bile congestion. Can't really describe in detail right now, but if you are still around I would like to compare symptoms.
Yes, I'm still here. Would love to compare symptoms.
I'm in no hurry so reply at your own convenience.

WoolPippi

I can now report the following symptoms of supplementing mB12 and Folinic acid when having +/+ MTR A2756G

1. I experience more waste deposal through sweat glands. I notice I smell more quickly under my arms and have to wash more often now that I fired up the Methylation Cycle.
  2. more activity of the norepinephrinergic or noradrenergic neurotransmitters. I've grown more "feverishly alert" in my thinking now that I take these supplements structurally. Mind you, I have a natural signature for excess of these neurotransmitters (thanks to MAO A mutation and Progesterone defficiency). But the change has been significant.
  3. daily craving for minerals Zinc, Molybdenum, Selenium and Lithium. Which all get used in the Methylation Cycle. (I brought up my Zinc levels last Summer, experiencing nasty Copper Dumps. Now I need to keep it up I noticed.)
  4. increased need of Progesteron cream to stay calm and cheerful.
  5. my homocysteine was tested in November and was low. Too low, according to lab references. Don't know what to do or think about that.
  6. Generic folinic acid doesn't work for me, I need Leucovorin specifically.
  7. Only the combination of Leucovorin and mB12 increases my noradrenergic activity. Just mB12 makes tired and miserable.
  8. healthy gut is everything. I need to maintain a strict diet. Even small amounts of gluten, onion, pepper bells, broccoli or other vegs upset my body. Am now able to eat baby leaf lettuce though, when I take stomach acidifier (Betaine HCL from Now)