• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Would appreciate experts interpretation of my test.

PhoenixBurger

Valentijn

Again, I think this can happen with auto-immunity testing - basically things cross-react. Also steroids are often used to suppress auto-immune reactions.
IRIS - immune system responding to a "phantom" virus that is no longer active or replicating. Not sure how it happens but its a common manifestation in those who've taken HIV medications.

So I got my PCR test back today. Negative. While there are always risks of false negative, the PCR for CMV is highly accurate in the presence of high IGM (assumed current active infection).

High IGM and IGG with negative PCR tells me that my body thinks I have a virus that is't there.

I also had high IGM and IGG for Lyme. Negative PCR and negative Western Blot.

Every other possible pathogen they could think of? Negative too.

Yet my CD8 is off the scale high.

At this point I am leaning towards steroids to suppress this immune overactivity. Any thoughts?

At this point I am leaning towards steroids to suppress this immune overactivity. Any thoughts?
There's been studies of low-dose hydrocortisone (5-10mg) on ME patients that might be worth looking at, and I think there's other drugs and such which might be helpful for immune issues. There's a subforum at http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/antivirals-antibiotics-and-immune-modulators.4/ where there's probably a lot more information and you might be able to get some good suggestions if you post there.

PhoenixBurger

Thanks and that low dose naltodextrone thing? I know I spelled that wrong. Seems like its a mild immune system suppressor without the crazy prednisone effects... ?

PhoenixBurger

I dont have suppressed immune system. Mine is off the charts high. My CD4 is 900 .... a year after any possible infection .. and my CD8 is even higher.