• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Worldwide premieres of "Unrest"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sasha said:
The question will be how those of us who aren't medics can S

butydoc said:
Hi Sasha,

Probably this will require some nurse or physician who knows the department head ( generally the chairman of medicine ) to convince them to show this documentary. If I had access to this film, I'm fairly sure I would be successful in getting it shown at my hospital. I'm not sure what restrictions JenB has since I believe PBS has picked up this film for it's 2018 season.

Gary

Thanks, Gary. The question (for us outsiders!) is then how do we find such a nurse or physician and get them to tackle the chair of medicine?

@Jonathan Edwards, how would patients set about getting showings of Jen's film in hospitals (and medical conferences, and any other relevant places) in the UK? Would this be best done by one of the charities, do you think, perhaps linking up with local patients to push somehow?

@JenB, do you have thoughts on this?

AndyPR

I am thrilled to announce that Unrest will be making its European premiere at CPH:DOX in Copenhagen, Denmark, March 16-26 in the "Before and After Science" section.

We are so glad to be bringing this film to Scandinavia, a region that has been home to some of the most exciting scientific advancements in recent memory - uncovering evidence of autoimmunity and metabolic dysfunction in ME patients - while also seeing some of the most unsettling cases of forced institutionalization on the basis of the belief that ME is a psychological illness. We hope that Unrest can help bring to light this contradiction, start a public conversation and through it, increase support for research and for patient rights.

https://cphdox.dk/en/programme/film/?id=64

Fri. 17/03, 19:00, Nordisk Film Dagmar
Sun. 19/03, 12:00, Cinemateket
Fri. 24/03, 10:30, Nordisk Film Palads

From Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/unrestfilm/posts/852095174928217

Old Bones

https://www.facebook.com/unrestfilm/

Exciting news from Jen on the "Unrest" film Facebook page:

"I am thrilled to announce that Unrest, a feature length documentary about ME and CFS, will be making its European premiere at CPH:OX in Copenhagen, Denmark, March 16-26 in the "Before and After Science" section.

We are so glad to be bringing this film to Scandinavia, a region that has been home to some of the most exciting scientific advancements in recent memory - uncovering evidence of autoimmunity and metabolic dysfunction in ME patients - while also seeing some of the most unsettling cases of forced institutionalization on the basis of the belief that ME is a psychological illness. We hope that Unrest can help bring to light this contradiction, start a public conversation and through it, increase support for research and for patient rights."

Seven7

Seven
every screening is very good news.
Does it show the whole documentary? I am thinking on going if I can make it so wondering how much family to bring, I hate to show family any CFS documentary unless I see it first.

Gingergrrl

Does it show the whole documentary? I am thinking on going if I can make it so wondering how much family to bring, I hate to show family any CFS documentary unless I see it first.

I do not know the answer but please let us know all about it if you do go! I am still hoping the film will eventually come to L.A. so I can see it.

Cheesus

@Jonathan Edwards, how would patients set about getting showings of Jen's film in hospitals (and medical conferences, and any other relevant places) in the UK? Would this be best done by one of the charities, do you think, perhaps linking up with local patients to push somehow?

Sasha, this is my attempt: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ing-of-unrest-raise-money-for-research.50077/

It still needs to all be organised, so we need to wait and see whether or not we can make it happen. If I am not mistaken, this is a screening you could theoretically attend if you're health is up to it as I believe you live somewhere in the region. Even better if we could borrow some of your community initiative to help make it a success.

Old Bones

Exciting news for Canadians:

unrest.JPG

Unrest2.JPG

Last edited: