• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

World's largest CFS/ME biomedical study underway - pathogen hunt

Simon

I've written about the ongoing huge ME/CFS Pathogen study, plus efforts to find a unique protein signature for ME/CFS - in case you missed the banner above.

Mady Hornig's huge pathogen study underway

They curently have 400 patients in the pathogen discovery study (plus controls) and 200 patients plus controls in the protein signature study. They are hoping to double those numbers if they can get more funding. Oh, and they are doing large-scale gene expression studies too. This feels like a new era for ME/CFS research.

Simon

The update on the pathogen study came from Mady Hornig's presentation at the Klimas conference in late Jan. Most of her presentation was about even more amazing stuff, and I've now posted on that as well

Mady Hornig: How do you solve a problem like CFS?

Honestly, some of the science is mind-blowing (at least it is to someone who's read too much CFS research).

Also, Mady Hornig will be speaking at the Invest in ME Conferernce in May, giving an update on her pathogen study.