• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will the real depression please stand up

Nielk

Interesting article Marc. I never would have thought that there was a connection between inflammation and depression.
They mention that younger people are increasing this manifestation because of a "clean" environment but, I'm thinking maybe it's because they are given so many immunization shots for every possible illness. Their immune system doesn't get a chance to "practice" fighting off invading microbes.
I always assumed that I suffer from depression on and off because of my pathetic state of health and the frustrations I encounter. I never thought that it might be due to inflammatory in my body that affects the brain. Maybe that explains why anti depressants never helped me?