Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Will burning off alcohol reduce effectiveness?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by calexis6666, Jan 10, 2019.

1. calexis6666

calexis6666

In homeopathic remedies? I don't do well with the alcohol but there is a great remedy for reducing ammonia I want to take plus the Desbio detox. How long to you cook the remedy with a little water to burn it off?

Wolfcub likes this.
  2. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Senior Member

SW UK
    I don't know. The only homoeopathic remedies I know are the tiny pills, with no alcohol (?) Just sometimes lactose sweetener.
    But I have limited experience with them, and no experience with "mother tinctures" (is that what you mean?)

But for herbal tinctures made with alcohol, I have heard that putting the tincture into freshly boiled water evaporates the alcohol but leaves the herbal properties intact.
    But I have never had cause to do that and don't know how 100% effective that method is, and how thoroughly tested it is. It could be very important if no amount of alcohol at all must be taken (regarding interactions with certain drugs etc)
    Also with herbal tinctures it is sometimes possible to obtain them made with glycerin and even with apple cider vinegar, though those don't store well for a long time.

See more popular forum discussions.