• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Will be starting Ketamine treatment.

Misfit Toy

Anyone else try it? In pain and need help. Opiates make me too sick so this is the next step. Pain can be out of control.

If you've tried it, tell me your experience. Will be doing nasal spray.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I think if you've tried everything else, and you don't get relief, then you have to try it.

Just make sure you have nothing to do and maybe let someone know. Do you have someone who can sit with you while you try it?

SDSue

Southeast
@SDSue -do you have pain to?
Rarely do I have joint pain, for which I am eternally grateful. But my head and neck pain is severe and constant. If I could get rid of even just the head pain my days would be so much better. Is yours more widespread?

Misfit Toy

Sue, it's everywhere. I have Fibro and Sjogrens along with IC and Endo. So....I have TOO much pain. Ketamine helps head pain from what I have read...instantly.

Wayne

Anyone else try it?

I tried it many years ago and had a pretty bad reaction to it. My memories are a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember rubbing some kind of ketamine gel into my neck and base of skull for pain relief. My best recollection is that it made be extremely anxious. I would recommend starting out with a very small initial dose to see how it affects you. I also seem to remember hearing good testimonials from others who've tried it. Good luck, I hope you can get some pain relief from it.