The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Will a PCP refill drug prescribed by Naturopath?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Mylifesobright, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mylifesobright

Mylifesobright

If a naturopath prescribes a certain drug and you need a refill, could you go to your PCP to get a refill? What's the likelihood that it would be approved if you have been doing well on it. I'm curious, since seeing a naturopath is not covered by most insurances.

2. Forçe e Honra

Forçe e Honra Senior Member

Northern California
    I think that if it were the PCP I had for 15 years and had a good relationship with - and as long as he did not think it was dangerous - I think he would. The PCP I had after him for the last 2 years, I think there would be a high possibility he would not.

If I had to wager, I think that many PCPs would not, but it would depend on their personality and the relationship with you.

Not very helpful, sorry!

Mylifesobright likes this.
  3. Mylifesobright

Mylifesobright

It's helpful just to hear your opinion. I was thinking along the same lines.

Forçe e Honra likes this.
  4. Forçe e Honra

Northern California
    Well, great minds and all that :) Even if they are full of brain fog lol!

5. Forçe e Honra

Northern California
    This is a tangent, but this just underlines how vulnerable chronically ill people are - on top of being ill - and that we are almost (or just are) at the complete mercy of whatever whim/mood/belief system the doctors we try to get help from. It is really frightening and can be very discouraging.

See more popular forum discussions.