• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Who else saw big success with Tyrosine?

CAcfs

I stopped taking it because I was worried I was overtaxing my system, but when I was taking L-Tyrosine in capsule form by Now brand, it was REALLY helping me. I have since noticed it is in a lot of those "fatigued to fantastic" type supplements, in "adrenal optimization" or "thyroid energy" type supplements, or just in protein workout powders, etc.

Who else saw a lot of success from this stuff? I'm wondering if that is why some of us really respond to random smoothie mixes out there like "greens for energy" type, some have tyrosine.

Anyone else noticed success with it? I noticed a definite increase in energy and wellbeing, within like 20 minutes of taking. I noticed this woman mentions it: http://www.elaine-moore.com/Blog/tabid/60/EntryId/231/Hypersomnia-and-Thyroid-Disorders.aspx

I use it. I have taken it on and off for years, but until I came down with CFS-like symptoms three months ago, I didn't notice a huge difference. Now that I experience real mental fatigue, I notice a difference. Worthwhile supplement.

CAcfs

yes, that's true....it helps the mental fatigue too. For me it was always like coffee, but better, with no jitters. I may restart it, but in a way, I'd like to fix the original problem too, not just take one amino acid for the rest of my life. Or should I???

CAcfs

And the other question I have, is why isn't everyone on forums like this talking about it, saying "take Tyrosine"...the way people tell us to take B12? Because for me, it produces effects more noticable than taking B12.

And the other question I have, is why isn't everyone on forums like this talking about it, saying "take Tyrosine"...the way people tell us to take B12? Because for me, it produces effects more noticable than taking B12.

Maybe, like most things, it works well for some but not others. I don't know if many doctors (other than Teitelbaum and the like) are pushing tyrosine. But you're right, everyone should give it a go, as it's not expensive and has good potential for many people.

Marg

I stopped taking it because I was worried I was overtaxing my system, but when I was taking L-Tyrosine in capsule form by Now brand, it was REALLY helping me. I have since noticed it is in a lot of those "fatigued to fantastic" type supplements, in "adrenal optimization" or "thyroid energy" type supplements, or just in protein workout powders, etc.

Who else saw a lot of success from this stuff? I'm wondering if that is why some of us really respond to random smoothie mixes out there like "greens for energy" type, some have tyrosine.

Anyone else noticed success with it? I noticed a definite increase in energy and wellbeing, within like 20 minutes of taking. I noticed this woman mentions it: http://www.elaine-moore.com/Blog/tabid/60/EntryId/231/Hypersomnia-and-Thyroid-Disorders.aspx

I was deficient in tyrosine on a test a couple months ago. I seem to remember it helps dopamine. I take it now but do not see any difference that I can be sure of.. Thaty is the problem taking a lot of things.

CAcfs

Marg, that is interesting. With me, I took one pill, and it was like drinking a cup of coffee....I knew I had taken it! Pretty crazy. Anyways, best of luck.....hope you find something that does help.

Rand56

The first time I tried it years ago it had a positive effect, although I had a better effect from DLPA. Subsequent times when I tried it again later, it did not have as good of an effect. I have heard others on here say you can build tolerance to the single amino's for catecholamine synthesis fairly quickly. Years ago though, I also built a pretty rapid tolerance for Ritalin, so I may not be the average person who can have more of a sustained response to the single amino's.

Just tried it last night (becasue I found it at the back of a drawer). Definite uplift very quickly—I guess it doesn't lose potency either becasue it must have been ~7 years old!

I wouldn't recommend taking it before bed as I did (lol) but I bet it's super in the morning. NOT jittery (although a bit of racing thoughts once I tried to go to sleep). As long as I was pottering around doing stuff it was fantastic.

I'm waiting today to see if it makes me feel low when it wears off. This might be something I use for days when I have to get things done so I don't become tolerant or risk a crash/withdrawal effect.

I still can't believe I had this for such a long time without taking it. Lovely calm energy!

Will try again soon and update as to whether it worked again.

*GG*

Just tried it last night (becasue I found it at the back of a drawer). Definite uplift very quickly—I guess it doesn't lose potency either becasue it must have been ~7 years old!

I wouldn't recommend taking it before bed as I did (lol) but I bet it's super in the morning. NOT jittery (although a bit of racing thoughts once I tried to go to sleep). As long as I was pottering around doing stuff it was fantastic.

I'm waiting today to see if it makes me feel low when it wears off. This might be something I use for days when I have to get things done so I don't become tolerant or risk a crash/withdrawal effect.

I still can't believe I had this for such a long time without taking it. Lovely calm energy!

Will try again soon and update as to whether it worked again.

What dosage did you take? It's in a product I have still around, and use, only at a dosage of 50mg though. It's rather expensive product combo. Buying Tyrosine by itself is much cheaper, but I recently ran out.

GG

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Acetyl tyrosine is said to be better absorbed and not reliant on being taken on an empty stomach like normal tyrosine. 350 to 700 mg is what I have used. Jarrows make a 350mg capsule. Normal tyrosine I found I needed 2000 to 3000mg and wasn't as effective.

What dosage did you take? It's in a product I have still around, and use, only at a dosage of 50mg though. It's rather expensive product combo. Buying Tyrosine by itself is much cheaper, but I recently ran out.

GG

Oh man, don't you hate it when people don't give dose/manufacturer! It's my pet peeve and LOOK WHAT I DID!

I took the Now brand L-Tyrosine @ 500mg
$5.27 @ eVitamins Canada
$3.64 @ Supplement Warehouse

The product info warns against taking this in "Persons with thyroid disease (hyperthyroidism), melanoma, or those taking MAO inhibitors or other mood altering medications" which must be why it languished in the supplement graveyard for so long—I was always on something for my "anxiety and depression" until last December!

Who else has a "supplement graveyard"?... I wish there was a way we could all share our "tried this, didn't work for me, maybe it works for you"—I'm sure I'm not the only one who's "drug habit" is breaking the bank. When one of the vitamin retailers starts offering week-long trial packs I'll be all over it!