• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which wheelchair brand??

Has anyone here gotten wheelchairs before? I'm looking for feedback on reliable brands.

I went to a couple of medical supply stores yesterday but they didn't have any high back reclining ones for me to try (I need one for college so I can get through classes - can't sit up for long and need to be able to rest my head - even against a wall or the back of a chair or only other option is head and arms on table which doesn't work as well as laying on the floor... Anyway a wheelchair will just be best).

I know someone who has an Invacare Tracer SX5 but it weighs like 50 pounds. There's a couple more I've seen online that are cheaper and possibly lighter, but I can't find many reviews. One is a Sunrise Medical Breezy? And one is Healthline.