• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which path to follow with fibromyalgia, undermethylator, MCS and histadelic

Sidereal

I took 1/4 teaspoon of magnesium oxide for 2-3 days in a row away from food and I got the worst candida flare ever. :aghhh: It is possible it was triggered by cimetidine (which also reduces stomach acid) which I was taking at the same time as MgO, or perhaps a combination of the two.

Gondwanaland

working on lowering blood glucose and I suspected it raised them.
Coconut water has a ton of fructose, which will increase blood glucoose and uric acid (+salicylates).
I passed over a litre of urine in three hours
That is a lot! Be sure to recognize when enough has been done for your edema. There will be a tipping point, be warned.
Last night I took 1/8th teasp MgO and had a good sleep, so I think I am okay to continue.
I was going to suggest you excatly this, to take 1/8 instead of 1/4 tsp :thumbsup:
I am very grateful for the tip on MgO as it seems to be doing me good. Thanks.
I am happy it has helped!

Some additional links to read about when there is too much magnesium:

http://www.side-effects-site.com/magnesium-side-effects.html (just close the advertising shields and ignore the advertisements inside and surrounding the text)

http://drcarolyndean.com/2012/10/when-magnesium-makes-me-worse/ (ignore the advertisement)

For folks like us it is worthwhile getting educated about electrolytes ;)

Gondwanaland

brenda

Coconut water has a ton of fructose, which will increase blood glucoose and uric acid (+salicylates).

That is a lot! Be sure to recognize when enough has been done for your edema. There will be a tipping point, be warned.

What can be done for my edema?

I was going to suggest you excatly this, to take 1/8 instead of 1/4 tsp :thumbsup:

I am happy it has helped!

:)

Some additional links to read about when there is too much magnesium:

http://www.side-effects-site.com/magnesium-side-effects.html (just close the advertising shields and ignore the advertisements inside and surrounding the text)

http://drcarolyndean.com/2012/10/when-magnesium-makes-me-worse/ (ignore the advertisement)

For folks like us it is worthwhile getting educated about electrolytes ;)

great thanks. I had no digestive effects or loose stools from last night's and this mornings dose so it is the right dose atm. I ordered powdered electrolytes this morning.

brenda

@Gondwanaland

I started the electrolyte mix and have started to pee more. More reduction in ankle swelling too. Aduki beans are supposed to be good for the kidneys according to macrobiotics.

Gondwanaland

I had the same experience a year ago with magnesium chloride transdermally - candida, pain and other very bad symptoms. The same with magnesium sulfite.
Thanks for your input! I am sure magnesium oxide wouldn't cause pain as chloride and sulfate, but it surely has the potential to flare candida in those who are susceptible to that :(

Gondwanaland

What exactly did you do for the hormone replacement (only thyriod hormones?) and did it affected your TSH in positive ways?
Levothyroxine lowered my TSH and antibodies, but didn't relieve the hypothyroid symptoms. Switching to compounded T3/T4 helped with the symptoms, but to be really helpful I think I should take T3 on its own several times a day or slow-release T3, but my dr doesn't have any experience with that.

jason30

Levothyroxine lowered my TSH and antibodies, but didn't relieve the hypothyroid symptoms. Switching to compounded T3/T4 helped with the symptoms, but to be really helpful I think I should take T3 on its own several times a day or slow-release T3, but my dr doesn't have any experience with that.

Good that Levothyroxine lowered your TSH and antibodies. You would expect that it does something with your symptoms as well. Maybe there is someting else going on which prevents T4 to T3?

My doc gave me a prescription for Levothyroxine. But before i start with Levothyroxine i'll test the Thyro-Gold first (from: http://www.naturalthyroidsolutions.com/Home_Page.html) . I suspect it will be delivered this week, i am really curious if i have benefit from it.

jason30

I have tested magnesium oxide for 2 weeks and these are my findings:
- It gave me a bit extra energy
- It gave me more focus
- I had less MCS symptoms
- I had less RLS symptoms
- It also gave me more Brain Fog. I don't know where this is coming from. My first guess would be Candida?

I have ordered Mag glycinate and will use it for 2 weeks as well, and then compare it with the mag oxide findings. :cool:

Gondwanaland

Maybe there is someting else going on which prevents T4 to T3?
I think this is what Hashimoto's is about :grumpy:
I don't know where this is coming from. My first guess would be Candida?
Could be candida or could be imbalance with some other electrolyte (sodium, potassium?) After my magnesium load I restarted eating dairy to increase my calcium input. Lately I am having brain fog that is relieved by potassium.

What was your MgO dosage? How about BMs?

Please report back about your Mg glycinate experience.

jason30

I think this is what Hashimoto's is about :grumpy:

Could be candida or could be imbalance with some other electrolyte (sodium, potassium?) After my magnesium load I restarted eating dairy to increase my calcium input. Lately I am having brain fog that is relieved by potassium.

What was your MgO dosage? How about BMs?

Please report back about your Mg glycinate experience.

I don't know if i currently have a imbalance of the electrolytes. Last blood test from 6 months ago showed that my potassium level were normal. Natrium and copper were low. Also Manganese and vanadium were low. Zinc was high.

What do you mean with BMs?

I started with 250mg MgO a day, then after a week 500mg a day.