• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which glutathione?

PeterPositive

Lifewave has a glutathione patch. I haven't tried it though because a months worth is expensive.
I've seen those too. Very expensive product and not very convincing from a scientific standpoint. They claim all sorts of fabulous effects but is there any real independent evidence that they work?

If they really do, it would be pretty groundbreaking.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I've seen those too. Very expensive product and not very convincing from a scientific standpoint. They claim all sorts of fabulous effects but is there any real independent evidence that they work?

If they really do, it would be pretty groundbreaking.
I agree. Seems to good to be true.

picante

@kyzcreig That Swanson one is a lot cheaper! It is marketed as anti-wrinkle cream that I can see... you think that the Kirkman one, which I guess is intended for glutathione levels, knows something Swanson doesn't?
It looks like there's a pretty glaring difference:
The Swanson cream lists "Setria® glutathione [as L-glutathione (oxidized)]".
The Kirkman Labs bottle says (in all caps): "EACH 1 GRAM (MEASURING SCOOP ENCLOSED) SUPPLIES 180 MG. OF REDUCED L-GLUTATHIONE."

If you're having trouble reducing oxidized glutathione, why would you take oxidized glutathione?
This is an old thread, but I'd sure be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken any transdermal glutathione, reduced or not.

kyzcreig

It looks like there's a pretty glaring difference:
The Swanson cream lists "Setria® glutathione [as L-glutathione (oxidized)]".
The Kirkman Labs bottle says (in all caps): "EACH 1 GRAM (MEASURING SCOOP ENCLOSED) SUPPLIES 180 MG. OF REDUCED L-GLUTATHIONE."

If you're having trouble reducing oxidized glutathione, why would you take oxidized glutathione?
This is an old thread, but I'd sure be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken any transdermal glutathione, reduced or not.
I did switch back to kirkman and found it better