• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which doc? Kaufman/ Chheda or Montoya?

Lalia

@ebethc you can order and do a SIBO test yourself if you like, this lab is run by Nirala Jacobi one of the SIBO “experts”: https://www.sibotest.com/pages/index

They ship internationally, it’s easy to do and you can check out her podcast “the SIBO doctor” for some good information. She’s an ND but knows a lot more about SIBO than your traditional gastro.

Sing

Do any of you in the Bay Area have a good primary care doctor you would recommend? As I am moving out there this fall, I not only want to go to the Center for Complex Diseases but also line up a primary care doctor, using Medicare. A lot of CA seems to be carved up among insurance providers and their networks, and I am unsure if I would need to go outside of one of those places to get a doctor who just takes Medicare or private pay (ouch). Or maybe the key thing is the quality of care I could get. Those insurance network systems can put doctors on the assembly line practicing cookbook medicine and I want to find a better quality doctor and service than that if possible. Any suggestions?