• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which antivirals/combinations for EBV & CMV?

hello everyone,

i read in this forum a lot of helpful things. 2 years ago i already made a protocol for my EBV & CMV but this was very mild. It was 450mg valcyte once a day for 4 Months and after that 2x1000mg valtrex for 1 Months.. so total not 1/2 year. My CMV titers came quite down with that protocol, over 1/2 lower.. my EBV came down too. 2 years ago.. i didnt know about Dr. Lerner protocols and now i wonder, if my dosage was way to low with only 450mg valcyte a day.. because i did only have little improvement. My doc wanted me to get up to 2x450 mg valcyte but i didnt tolerated it well.. my labs always have been fine, but i did feel worse (maybe herx?).
Now i will restart and thinking of alternatives for the CMV infection i have, because i think that the valcyte is really toxic.. Is there something else, which could work for CMV? What about high dosage valtrex (4x1500mg daily) or Famvir like 3x500mg daily?

best regards

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Famvir 500mg x 3 looks good. I would give that atleast 6 months and if u feel theres more improvement to be had add valcyte to the mix.

I would just start with 450mg as being combined with famvir might be enough. Its probably more an art form to find the right dose and if u should raise it to 900mg as well as how long to stay on valcyte .

I think for many who improve on avs probably have to stay on famvir long term to maintain improvement . Also try to work on your immune ssystem and get tested for different immune deficiencies if u can.

hope you have a good dr to work with .

Tammy

Some things to consider for EBV is 1) L-lysine, 2) cats claw(Uncaria tomentosa).... (not the toa free kind) 3) Licorice root (glycyrrhiza glabra).....not the deglycyrrhized.

Last edited:
thanks for reply...

I looked into artemesia products too.. especially artesunate, but in europe i cant order it (im from germany). I wanted to avoid more valcyte because of the bad sideeffects... especially because it is carcinogenic...
The pharma should really try to develop some new antivirals which are more broadband with less sideeffects