• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where to buy Immnovir recommendation?

I've been looking for a web site to purchase Immunivor? Can anyone recommend a reputable place to buy Immunovir. I know some people have said that it's cheap. From what I've seen it's about $225.00 for 100 capsules. I think Dr. Cheney recommends taking 6 capsules a day? That kind of adds up. Am I missing something?

Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
type in inosine into the search engine and isoprinosine product will come up which is immunovir 30 x 500mg for $11, i was suprised at this low price but i think they make up for it in postage and handling but still cheap compared to other places. I havent ordered any products from this pharmacy but others on here have i think??
http://goldpharma.com/search/

lartista

http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiserMECFS/search?query=imunovir
(my youtube channel with updates on IMUNOVIR)
https://www.facebook.com/marcocompounding
Jean-Paul Accetta <jp@marcodrugs.com>

This is the pharmacy Dr. Nancy Klimas' uses. Currently I am on Imunovir but may be switching to Inosine. Marco Drugs in Miami is now carrying INOSINE and I have written both Dr. Klimas as well are Jean, for a clearer dosing prescription. I buy my Imunovir in Italy and two boxes which almost arrive at one month cost 30 euros. My dosing is as follows for Imunovir: 500 mg three times a day Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday always off, week 1 and week 3! 500mg six times a day Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday off, week 2 and week 4! My 1st NKC function test was 1.78% with 28% being the lowest. Out goal is for me to arrive at 60% within two years. Dr. Klimas said I could switch to Inosine but I want to see the price difference. If it is not cheaper than the 30 euros I am paying... then I will stay on Imunovir. I hope that helps, Francesca I have a YOUTUBE channel that follows all my news and the side effect from this drug with how long it took me to get stabilized to not have side effects.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kaiserMECFS/search?query=imunovir

lartista

I just did the math assuming I did it correctly.... Imunovir in Italy costs 15 euros for one box of 40 pills at 500 mg each. So for 4 weeks of pulse dosing weekends always off, it costs me 34 euros. For 3 boxes at the 30 pills of 500 mg, the above price comes in at $33, which is cheaper than 34 euros... but for me, I can not say that price difference to get it shipped from America just would be more difficult. I am currently waiting on Marco Drugs to respond with their pricing for Inosine. I will let you know when they respond. Francesca

heapsreal

I just did the math assuming I did it correctly.... Imunovir in Italy costs 15 euros for one box of 40 pills at 500 mg each. So for 4 weeks of pulse dosing weekends always off, it costs me 34 euros. For 3 boxes at the 30 pills of 500 mg, the above price comes in at $33, which is cheaper than 34 euros... but for me, I can not say that price difference to get it shipped from America just would be more difficult. I am currently waiting on Marco Drugs to respond with their pricing for Inosine. I will let you know when they respond. Francesca

do u have a link to the actual web site u buy immunovir from.

cheers!!!

Thanks for all of this great info!
I think that we may be talking about two idfferent things? Inosine is different from the ingredient that's in Immunovir which is inosine pranobex. Inosine can bse purchaed in the U.S. for under $20.00 but inosine pranobex is something differnt. Am I missing something? Thanks! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inosine_pranobex
They're using inosine pranobex in clinical trials for HIV among
other diseases
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=inosine+pranobex
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=inosine+

Isoprinosine (inosine pranobex) Is a prescription drug posited to have immune modulating and anti-viral properties. It's generic name is Inosiplex or Immunovir. A synthetic purine derivative it is a precursor to adenosine which modulates many physiological processes including inflammation (from Cort Johnson's website)..

I think inosine is different from Isoprinosine (inosine pranobex).

Kati

Patient in training
I have tried Imunovir from Gold Pharma (it was very difficult to receive it- shipping was a nightmare) Also the writing on the box was not english- it may have been greek or israeli)

Then for several months I have been on Inosine. For patients that can't afford Imunovir, Dr Klimas suggests Inosine, she says it's similar. When my canadian doctor was ready to prescribe Imunovir, he asked I stopped Inosine for 2 weeks. He tested my uric acid which was very high- a sign that it is doing something- do not worry about increased uric acid, Nancy doesn't even test it. It is expected to go high.

During the 2 weeks wash out period I developed fibro-like pain something I never had before. That was "interesting".

Then I started Imunovir and the fibro-like pain subsided. It cost me 225$ for a box of 100 tablets, and didn't help any of my symptoms.

I cannot compare my NK cell function from before to after because of difference in lab testing (Nancy's lab vs Quest). I think my NK cell function improved, however, I stopped it (it can get rough at the end of the week of 2 tabs 3 times a day) - and putting all my money on Rituximab.

If you want to try, I would suggest Inosine I bought it at iherb.com. If you are canadian you may have trouble getting it through the border and it would be best to pick it up across. It is not sold in Canada.

Kati-thanks for your interesting reply. Maybe I'll start with inosine. My doc suggested it because of very high coxsackie viral blood test results and biopsies.

Are you paying out of pocket for rituxan?

Kati

Patient in training
For Coxsackie B you may want to try Equilibrant, Dr Chia's compound? i have done 3months of that too...

As for Rituximab, I cannot afford it, unless I put myself in debt, and I don't think it would be a good idea to do that, though part of me just want to go ahead with it. Really think it will help me.

lartista

I think you may of mis-understood the dosing correctly...? 6 pills a day for 5 days, saturday and sunday always off, then 3 pills a day for five days saturdau and sunday off. You repeat this for up to two years... that's what Dr. Klimas prescribed for me and others. I find two boxws of 40 tablets leaves me a few pills hsort each month so I always need to keep go in to the pharmacy. Also I strongly recommened you watching my vidoes on YOUTUBE as I recorded them several times a week. I:Retro smile:eek: as to catch any other tips! Francesca

lartista

Kati, did you test for the coxsackie before and after taking it? how long total did you take it? I have very high active titers for coxsackie. I did'nt get around to ordering it as I was on so many other new drugs. But when i tested it the 2nd time, it had left 100%! So now I am mixed on whether to get it...? Francesca

Kati

Patient in training
I was following the same regimen as you for Imunovir and Inosine. In total, it was 10 months of it. Now that Rituximab is on the horizon, I feel that taking a break is not making much of a difference (It's been 2 weeks now) I may restart if I can't get access to Rituximab.

As for Coxsackie B I had low titers for B2 and B6. After 3 months of Equilibrant, I had dropped one strain and still low titers for the other one. I didn't feel any better, and it is expensive and my insurance don't cover it.

In the end, I am looking for a treatment where I will see differences in my condition. I am dropping vitamins now because I don't feel it's making any difference. Why pay for something you will dump in the toilet at the end of the day? :rolleyes:

The 1 supplement I know I need for sure is magnesium. Then maybe Vitamin D (taking 7000/day to maintain acceptable levels. Then my iron tablets.

I just finished 3 months of Imunovir last Thursday. Dr Hyams (Maple Ridge, BC) had my CD4/CD8 ratio results back. The Imunovir treatment had no impact after 3 months of use. Sat & Sun I started feeling really sick again. I had just been off it since Thursday. Perhaps it was just a coincidence or my bodies reaction to stopping the medication. I am feeling a little better today. I'm kind of frustrated it didn't do anything. But I kind of expected it. It never did anything to my symptoms. Dr Hyams said that sometimes these immune modulators work and sometime they don't. But I think he was surprised as i was that it had no effect on the CD4/CD8 ratio. I'm not sure where it will go from here.

Kati

Patient in training
As far as I know, imunovir is supposed to help the NK Cell function, a test that is not currently available in Canada. Also Nancy Klimas says that you should have a trial of at least 6 months before making a decision.

heapsreal

I just finished 3 months of Imunovir last Thursday. Dr Hyams (Maple Ridge, BC) had my CD4/CD8 ratio results back. The Imunovir treatment had no impact after 3 months of use. Sat & Sun I started feeling really sick again. I had just been off it since Thursday. Perhaps it was just a coincidence or my bodies reaction to stopping the medication. I am feeling a little better today. I'm kind of frustrated it didn't do anything. But I kind of expected it. It never did anything to my symptoms. Dr Hyams said that sometimes these immune modulators work and sometime they don't. But I think he was surprised as i was that it had no effect on the CD4/CD8 ratio. I'm not sure where it will go from here.

CD4:8 ratio can be misleading sometimes, did your cd4 and or cd8 numbers go up or down, also cd56 and cd3 are your nk cells, do u know if it had an effect on these? Also maybe it doesnt effect the numbers but function of those t-cells?
I also wonder if immunovir and inosine can help cfs in other ways, one is that it can increase uric acid which works in the body with cholesterol as an antioxidant so possibly could reduce oxidative stress and improve symptoms in this way.

cheers!!!

I think I am on a 6 week break from it. I was just kind of disappointed. Dr Hyams talked about some other things in the results concerning the blood test. I have poor memory. I do know that my immune system related blood tests go to St. Paul's HIV lab. Dr Hyams did not give me any specific numbers other than saying my CD4/CD8 ratio was very high and that this means my immune system is always in high gear and causing the symptoms I have.