• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where do I go from here?

Aerose91

Thanks for those suggestions.

I'm actually on only 5 mg of Prozac right now as it seems to be working pretty well for me to keep my mood stabilized. My doctor also have me zyprexa in case the psychosis got too bad but I haven't taken it yet. I am reaaaally sensitive to medications so the less I take the better but I have that on hand just in case.

I do wonder sometimes what damage may be done directly from the encephalitis and what is just consistent damage from the ME. I may never know. I hope that someday I will recover and well enough to feel stable again. I've always been a stable person- never any depression, anxiety, sleep problems etc so all these haywire moods are crazy to me.

In regards to the supplements I already take most of those and have for some time because I suffered with adrenal fatigue before this. I am hoping that in time things will stabilize out a bit and I can taper off of the Prozac. Even tho it's a small amount I don't like to be on any drugs if I don't have to.

Aerose91

It's pretty reliable ... 99% accurate.

I doubt you'd be able to afford that sort of extensive genetic testing from another source. But for what it's worth, my naturopathic doctor recommended that I get it, to help get a look at what might be going on.

Thanks!

Will this be able to tell me which direction to go in regards to methylation blocks, liver function, etc..?