• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where do everyone upload their raw data?

Hi everyone

At last I have completed the 23andme saliva test and the first data seems to hit the dashboard.

So where do everyone upload their raw data?

I know about following:

Genetic Genie
Promethease
Mthfrsupport

Are the others?

and now where should I go for a complete easy to use analysis of my raw data?

I was so curious I had to check 1 specific snp the mthfr C677T, if I interpreted it correctly it was GG = -/- and that's a good thing according to snpedia, so normal on that one.

Would love to read where you recommend uploading the data.

Hoping to use a good tool tomorrow

beaverfury

beaverfury
I just used Genetic genie. Makes life easy for getting the main SNP's that concern us.

It's such early days for SNP research, one is likely to just scare and confuse oneself needlessly on Promethease.
It's comprehensive, but a tad daunting for laymen.

I did that too just now. I was so tired yesterday I did not want to start anything until today.

Got my results now, going to start a new thread.

musicchick581

I did genetic genie but it only gave me a handful of snp's so I ran Stirling's mthfr support app. Gave me many many more but snpedia is kind of lame. I click on the rs link and it tells me that so many Asian farmers developed lung disease. Really?How is that helpful to a Caucasian teacher? I'd rather that these apps spell it out for us. I don't have the hours in the day or patience to spend 10 hrs at the computer trying to make this make sense. For $20 I'd expect a summary. There has to be somewhere where we can post our info and have help interpreting it.