• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can i go for a month to rest and relax?

Sorry to hear that. Just when you think you catch a break with this illness you get slammed by something unexpected.

I hope the pain lets up soon so you can revisit your plans.

Anchoress

TN is appalling. NB Have not had an attack since I came here; must be the ocean air? Maybe triggered by allergens eg mould? And it can strike when you are unwinding...
Never found any painkillers that helped; one dr suggested anti convulsants?

What you are describing as ideal is pretty much as I live here full time. Not classes etc; my faith meets those needs. Living very very simply with almost no outside contact unless I seek it out. Utter peace. Simple food often excellent ready meals...

Hoping you get bettering soon..

wabi-sabi

@hmnr asg I'm sorry you've had this disappointment over your trip. Don't worry about bumming us out- we get the chronic illness thing and would rather hear how you're doing for real. No need for pretending here.

Pain is a beast, but I try to take heart that it is a shapeshifting and ever changing beast. At least you get some variety! Like @pamojja I recently had a good pain experience- My massage therapist tried a little craniosacral therapy on me and it gave relief for almost 48 hours! Felt lovely. I was tired as an amoeba afterwards, but it might have been worth it. I'm definitely going to experiment with it again.

Hugs to you, if they don't bother that TN.