• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where can I buy LDN without a filler?

I read that there are some companys, who sells LDN in a liquid form or as powder without a filler. But can´t find one, who sells to europe.

Hip

Do you have any specific allergies or sensitivities tablet binders or fillers? If not, then note that some supplement companies are trying to cultivate irrational concerns and worries in the minds of consumers about binders or fillers, so that they can then sell them their own brand of filler-free supplements.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Here you would need a compounding pharmacy but they still have some filler. But it's one that doesn't cause sensitivities.

@Hip I'm starting to believe it..because I respond to so many drugs in the same way. I don´t know if it´s coincidental or there is something in it, I can´t tolerate.
@ahmo hehe we wrote already, maybe it´s just normal, we will see.
@CantThink this is interessting!! Do you think it´s possible to dilute the solution? Don´t want to increase it in 0.5mg steps

CantThink

I reckon you can dilute it with distilled water and draw up with a syringe. I haven't tried this one yet as I'm in my 'off LDN period'. I shall probably buy from them at some point to try it. I used to buy liquid (Spanish), then that source dried up so I switched to tablets, and recently that source dried up. I quite liked the Spanish liquid version so would be happy to try another type.

CantThink

Is this because you find LDN loses its effects over time? If so what does your dosing schedule look like? How long do you wait before it starts working again?

Yes.

Originally I took a very long time to go from a starting dose of either 0.5 or 0.75, increasing in 0.25 increments, with the aim of reaching 4.5mg. When I started and every time I increased I got a herx reaction lasting between 5-7 days, during this time I was effectively bed bound - I could move around but I was so ill it was better to just lie there.

So after the 5-7 day period, the herx would stop and I'd be back to normal. Over time I had improvements with LDN to the point where I was able to do a course and a class, and although I was still very ill from doing that I could actually physically get there, which would have been impossible before LDN. I was doing well enough that I was also planning on starting my own business (I still have the all the website sitting on my computer), then the LDN stopped working.

I came off it for a while. I have fiddled around quite a bit since then trying various methods of taking it, and talked to others who had the same kind of experience.

For me, it seems to work best when I feel very ill... Then I take it until I feel a lot better and stop seeing any improvements, and then I stop it until I feel ill enough to need it again.

For example, earlier this year I was pretty much housebound and partially bedbound (was spending about 20 hours a day in bed and only going out for appointments or in a wheelchair), so I started LDN again and took it through until August.

It improved me enough that I'm now partially housebound (I spend more time out of bed in the day and can go out once a week, as well as take my dog out sometimes). I will resume taking it when/if this improvement starts to slide back down again.

I also found I do not need the full 4.5mg dose. I am okay on 1-1.5mg. I take it for 3 weeks, break for 2 or 3 days (miss 2-3 doses), resume taking it and repeat that cycle until I am no longer seeing improvements. The small break is to try to prolong how long I can take it before reaching a plateau of no more improvements.

I should clarify that amongst other health problems, I also have autoimmune thyroid disease (for which I take natural dessicated thyroid). So I am not sure whether the LDN is working primarily on this condition or not... I have had M.E. since 1991 and AI thyroid disease since 2009, and LDN is the only thing that had ever touched my M.E. symptoms.

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
Here are some pointers to consider if LDN isn't working (they seem to cover lack of effect more than fading effect, but maybe there is some information that could help):
When LDN isn't working.

You can try pulsing. Take it every other day, or every couple of days. Or take for a month, stop for a week, take for another month. Or try varying the dose with each pulse (ie. 3mg one day, 4mg the next. Maybe it could prevent the body from adapting to a consistent dose, if adaptation is what is causing loss of effect.) One doctor uses split dosing, 1/2 in the morning, then 1/2 in the evening.

If you get the 50ml tablets, you can dilute 50mg Naltrexone tablet : 50ml distilled water. Then you've got 1mg/1ml, easy to use as little as you want, by the drop.
This is exactly what I do. Once a drug passes from a solid to a liquid state, its shelf life can decrease dramatically. Therefore, do not make more than 50 ml of liquid Naltrexone at one time, store it in the refrigerator, and do not keep it for more than 2 months.

frozenborderline

This is exactly what I do. Once a drug passes from a solid to a liquid state, its shelf life can decrease dramatically. Therefore, do not make more than 50 ml of liquid Naltrexone at one time, store it in the refrigerator, and do not keep it for more than 2 months.
damn i've been keeping my naltrexone in the fridge for like 5 months, should i consider it useless now???

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
damn i've been keeping my naltrexone in the fridge for like 5 months, should i consider it useless now???

It might not be useless, but it might be contaminated by bacteria etc. One reason for using distilled water, refrigeration, and 1-2 months max storage time is that micro-organisms can grow in the solution. I mix small batches based on a single Naltrexone tablet so that it doesn't sit for long in the fridge.

frozenborderline

It might not be useless, but it might be contaminated by bacteria etc. One reason for using distilled water, refrigeration, and 1-2 months max storage time is that micro-organisms can grow in the solution. I mix small batches based on a single Naltrexone tablet so that it doesn't sit for long in the fridge.
wow, I thought it would be ok in the fridge, especially since it isn't a solution that has sugar, I thought it wouldn't be that hospitable to bacteria growth. guess I'll throw it out and use the capsules I have to make volumetric solutions--a little less precise

Rufous McKinney

So bummed: I can't get Naltrexone in Mexico presently. The 50 mg pills exist, but are not on the shelf; brand name ARROP.

This Canadian web site seems to still exist, and so I may try to mail order that route.

Then: I have to get it shipped to intermediaries, who then have to get it shipped through the underground shipping network. NOT Fed Ex, Not USPS, Not Amazon. Cannot go thru customs.

I have to then cut the pills and dilute myself.

You can bring Pharma pills in your suitcase. I only have ten left.