• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where are mast cells mostly concentrated?

ebethc

[QUOTEdon'tethc, post: 833503, member: 15064"]Do doctors believed in mast cell disorders? I don't know if it would have helped to ask her about this...I didn't know about it at the time

Mine don't. But I've heard rumours that some do...[/QUOTE]

Are you in the U.S.? Which state? I'm in the San Fran Bay Area.. doctors tend to be more open minded, but that doesn't mean they'll rx what u want and they still have their play books and don't deviate

ebethc

Do mast cell disorders (histamine) cause lack of motivation? I just took a big dose of zyxal (3rd generation AH; similar to zyrtec ) and I swear I feel motivated and like I want to get up and go do something... usually I feel so achey and out of it that I just want to zone out and not move because I'm in pain... now that it's allergy season, I feel WAY worse, plus it's about to rain so I feel worse due to low barometric pressure

One of the worst things about CFS for me is that there are so many things to focus on since it is a multi system illness! I have a hard time sorting it all out, as do many CFS patients I'm sure

tl; dr what's the relationship (if any) between histamine and motivation & mental concentration?