August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

When I'm well enough I want to help other chronic illness sufferers but I don't know what job

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by unrestedlife, Aug 13, 2018.

1. unrestedlife

unrestedlife

I got sick with ME/CFS a month or two after I graduated college and it's now been over 5 years. I went to school for graphic design and currently I'm at a 4/10. Higher on a really great day but of course 1 on a bad day. This has been the hardest thing I've ever been through, as it is the same for many here, and if I do get well enough to work, I'd like to help other chronic illness sufferers. I just don't know what jobs are possible so I'm posting here asking all of you lovely people. Ideally, I'd love to be a nurse at a place that specializes in helping chronic illnesses if I'm not taking into the time, energy, and money of school. Suggestions? Thank you.

panckage, Wonkmonk, RebeccaRe and 4 others like this.
  2. RebeccaRe

RebeccaRe Moose Enthusiast

Massachusetts
    For right now, you might look into volunteering with #MEAction from bed on your better days--I'm sure they could put your design skills to good use! Many of their volunteers are ME/CFS patients, so they're very flexible and understanding.

https://www.meaction.net/connect/volunteer/

Wonkmonk and unrestedlife like this.
  3. unrestedlife

unrestedlife

Thank you for this! However, I'm looking for steady income but I understand this is what you're suggesting to contrbute to the community. I would love to help out when I'm able to. Thank you again!

RebeccaRe likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.