• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When I'm well enough I want to help other chronic illness sufferers but I don't know what job

I got sick with ME/CFS a month or two after I graduated college and it's now been over 5 years. I went to school for graphic design and currently I'm at a 4/10. Higher on a really great day but of course 1 on a bad day. This has been the hardest thing I've ever been through, as it is the same for many here, and if I do get well enough to work, I'd like to help other chronic illness sufferers. I just don't know what jobs are possible so I'm posting here asking all of you lovely people. Ideally, I'd love to be a nurse at a place that specializes in helping chronic illnesses if I'm not taking into the time, energy, and money of school. Suggestions? Thank you.

For right now, you might look into volunteering with #MEAction from bed on your better days--I'm sure they could put your design skills to good use! Many of their volunteers are ME/CFS patients, so they're very flexible and understanding.

https://www.meaction.net/connect/volunteer/
Thank you for this! However, I'm looking for steady income but I understand this is what you're suggesting to contrbute to the community. I would love to help out when I'm able to. Thank you again!