• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's your opinion of Dr Myhill?

sarah darwins

Just a side note to part of the above discussion, regarding PCBs. Last night I saw a rather sad piece on The One Show that featured a story about a dead killer whale, whose premature death and failure to produce a calve during the years she had been studied have been tentatively attributed to very high levels of PCBs found in her blubber.

The story was covered by the Guardian earlier this year:

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...er-whale-died-extreme-levels-toxic-pollutants

One of the scientists interviewed on the show last night urged us to treat this as a 'shot across our bows'. I have no idea how much we really know about the effects of persistent toxins on mammalian health, but it seems like something we need to learn more about. It's weird — or maybe not weird — how there seems to be a divergence in how we talk about these things with regard to other species and with regard to ourselves. We are, after all, just another mammal (I don't mean this as a comment on anything above — my position on all this is "I have no sweet clue" ).

KIO

I don't take her seriously since I read this sentence on her website "So the perfect pick-me-up for CFS sufferers could be a real black organic coffee with a teaspoon of D-ribose!"

"And now for a bit of good news! AMP can be recycled, but slowly. Interestingly, the enzyme which does this (cyclic AMP) is activated by caffeine! So the perfect pick-me-up for CFS sufferers could be a real black organic coffee with a teaspoon of D-ribose!"
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Central_Cause:_Mitochondrial_Failure
maybe you did not try it ... I can not live without D-ribose anymore, it takes away most of my heart symptoms.