• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What's your opinion of Dr Myhill?

Undisclosed

Here I thought this thread was about our opinion of Dr Myhill -- I don't know her. Some of the information she presents on her website is inaccurate and backed up with cherry picked research which is problematic.

It is worth pointing out that the opinions people have about Dr Myhill are I think often just a reflection of their views on "alternative medicine," for want of a better term. There are people who just hate the "alternative medicine" approach, and as a result they may criticize Dr Myhill just for that reason.

So the subtext of a thread like this then becomes: "do you like or dislike alternative medicine", a debate in which Dr Myhill becomes the exemplar of a doctor employing such alternative approaches in her treatment portfolio.

What does disliking or liking alternative medicine have to do with anything. Most here decide on critical appraisal of the evidence behind what she is saying. Myhill practices both conventional and alternative medicine. Some of the information she presents to patients is worthy of criticism.

That comment reminded me of another you recently made.

So people who pick up mistakes on Dr Myhill's website, but then fail to mention the brilliant and groundbreaking research that Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard published finding blockages and dysfunctions in the mitochondria and energy metabolism of ME/CFS patients (some 8 years before Fluge and Mella or Robert Naviaux published their energy metabolism studies), are in my view being biased pedants.

You would think Myhill invented mitochondrial research into ME/CFS. She didn't. And by the way, I wonder why out of the 77 references provided in the Naviaux research paper that Myhill's groundbreaking brilliant research isn't mentioned once.

There are problems with Myhill's information on her website and in my opinion this is a problem. That doesn't make me a Myhill hater, alternative medicine hater, or a pedant. Can we please have a discussion on the merits of what is presented on a website without all the misdirection/accusations.

Yes indeed, 'conventional' medicine is terrible and kills many, and there is no such thing as alternative. One is not obliged to acquiesce with the status quo.

Myhill practices "conventional" medicine as well, so does your comment include her too.

Perhaps, we should discuss the information on her website rather than digressing. From what I can tell she offers some beneficial treatments that help some and also offers up some unhelpful treatments that have harmed some.

keenly

Here I thought this thread was about our opinion of Dr Myhill -- I don't know her. Some of the information she presents on her website is inaccurate and backed up with cherry picked research which is problematic.

What does disliking or liking alternative medicine have to do with anything. Most here decide on critical appraisal of the evidence behind what she is saying. Myhill practices both conventional and alternative medicine. Some of the information she presents to patients is worthy of criticism.

That comment reminded me of another you recently made.

You would think Myhill invented mitochondrial research into ME/CFS. She didn't. And by the way, I wonder why out of the 77 references provided in the Naviaux research paper that Myhill's groundbreaking brilliant research isn't mentioned once.

There are problems with Myhill's information on her website and in my opinion this is a problem. That doesn't make me a Myhill hater, alternative medicine hater, or a pedant. Can we please have a discussion on the merits of what is presented on a website without all the misdirection/accusations.

Myhill practices "conventional" medicine as well, so does your comment include her too.

Perhaps, we should discuss the information on her website rather than digressing. From what I can tell she offers some beneficial treatments that help some and also offers up some unhelpful treatments that have harmed some.

What treatments are harmful?

Compared to anyone on the NHS Dr Myhill is brilliant. GPs do far more harm.

I have never known Dr Myhill to recommend anything that could be harmful.

Undisclosed

Compared to anyone on the NHS Dr Myhill is brilliant. GPs do far more harm.

Have you not been reading this thread, a few have mentioned being harmed. I know of some others via private conversations. I think global statements like that are meaningless re: GP's vs Myhill. I think my GP is brilliant and very knowledgeable.

keenly

Have you not been reading this thread, a few have mentioned being harmed. I know of some others via private conversations. I think global statements like that are meaningless re: GP's vs Myhill. I think my GP is brilliant and very knowledgeable.

God bless Dr Myhill.

TreePerson

But perhaps you don't live in the UK? For those of us who do Sarah Myhill is in my opinion, considerably better informed than the average GP. More likely to help and less likely to do harm.

Hip

What does disliking or liking alternative medicine have to do with anything. Most here decide on critical appraisal of the evidence behind what she is saying.
Can we please have a discussion on the merits of what is presented on a website without all the misdirection/accusations.

It would be naive to believe that people's opinions or ideological allegiance on a topic or person do not color their appraisal. If someone does not like the ideology or principles of a topic or person, they are going find anything they can to criticize. And if they do by chance come across some good qualities or features about that topic or person, they will omit to mention those good features, because they don't want to provide any material that is supportive, only material that is negative.

And you can have the same issues in reverse: if someone greatly admires a topic or person, they may well turn a blind eye to any faults, and not provide criticism where it is due. And that can be just as bad, in terms of providing an even handed appraisal.

I think ideological allegiance is similar to the conflict of interest issues you get in science: it would be very naive to believe that industry-sponsored or industry-employed scientists are going to be unbiased in their appraisal of their industry's products. That's why in published scientific papers, the scientists involved are obliged to declare any conflict of interests. It brings out into the open what could be a hidden agenda.

If anyone has allegiances to one side or the other of any debate, you are never going to get from them an even handed analysis, even though ostensibly they are only "critically appraising the evidence". Such a person is out to "score points" for their side of the debate; they are not really interested in trying to get to the truth of the matter.

In the case of the conventional medicine versus alternative medicine arguments, I find that where people are polarized to one side or the other, it is usually caused by ignorance and lack of personal experience of the other side of the debate. By ignorance I don't mean lack of intelligence, I mean, as per the dictionary definition of that word, a lack of knowledge or experience of a subject.

And you see such ignorance on both sides. I cringe when I see people ignorantly criticizing the achievements of modern scientific medicine. But equally, I am dismayed by the arrogance of statements like the one @Laelia just posted here:
"CAM is a political ideological entity, not a scientific one. It is an artificial category created for the purpose of promoting a set of dubious, untested or fraudulent health practices. It is an example of the (successful) use of language as a propaganda tool." - Steven Novella

Or the arrogant and ignorant intro of the Wikipedia alternative medicine article that I post earlier:
Alternative medicine

See also: Quackery, Pseudoscience, and Pseudomedicine
I see an amazing dumbness in such statements, a dumbness that I would not have expected from supposedly scientific minds. That's not to say that there are not pseudoscientific and quack practices within alternative medicine; there are. But that's one reason why you need a discerning mind to get the best out of alternative medicine: to separate the dross from the gold.

Sure, the idea that mitochondrial and energy metabolism dysfunction might be involved in ME/CFS goes back for some decades. In a quick PubMed search just now, the earliest study on ME/CFS energy metabolism I could find is this 1987 paper, which failed to find any defects. But this 1991 paper by Prof Peter Behan et al did find mitochondrial abnormalities in muscle biopsies in ME/CFS, and the paper states: "the findings described here provide the first evidence that PFS may be due to a mitochondrial disorder precipitated by a virus infection."

However, for me the interesting thing about the Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard paper is how much more in-depth it is compared to any previous work, and the fact that it uncovered mechanisms possibly explaining how an energy metabolism dysfunction in ME/CFS actually arises. Specifically, it found that translocator protein (the adenine nucleotide translocator) appeared to be at fault, and it found problems in oxidative phosphorylation.

The Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard paper also provided an interesting theory to explain PEM, based on the temporary loss of ATP molecules. I suspect that Dr Norman E. Booth may have been the originator of this intriguing theory of PEM; as a physicist, he might be accustomed to devising theoretical models like this.

Previous works on energy metabolism dysfunction in ME/CFS did not provide any such in-depth investigation and analysis of the possible mechanisms.

Thus in the best traditions of science, the Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard proposes actual theories that might explain ME/CFS and PEM. That's what in my mind makes the Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard paper groundbreaking in this area of energy metabolism research.

Of course like any theory or experimental results in science, these theories need to be tested and validated. But that is what science is all about: proposing a theory or experimental result that then gets either validated or refuted by further research. A replication study is underway, so we will soon see whether their work is validated or refuted.

And by the way, I wonder why out of the 77 references provided in the Naviaux research paper that Myhill's groundbreaking brilliant research isn't mentioned once.

I can't see a great deal of significance to that. Fluge and Mella's ME/CFS energy metabolism paper does cite the Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard paper.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

I am saying that ironically, you often find that people who use alternative medicine are engaged in testing and observation experiments (the basis of science), albeit in simple a simple homespun way. This is something you don't really find in people who delegate everything to their doctor and get a conventional medicine treatment.

Of course, you also find alternative medicine advocates that are embarrassingly non-scientific, and some who are quite incompetent when it comes to testing and observation.

Nevertheless, I think skeptically-minded critics of alternative medicine often do not appreciate this that done properly, alternative medicine is a sort of homespun science.

Last edited:

Undisclosed

It would be naive to believe that people's opinions or ideological allegiance on a topic or person do not color their appraisal. If someone does not like the ideology or principles of a topic or person, they are going find anything they can to criticize. And if they do by chance come across some good qualities or features about that topic or person, they will omit to mention those good features, because they don't want to provide any material that is supportive, only material that is negative.

I am sorry but what does this have to do with Myhill. I think most who have offered an opinion on this thread are critical of Dr Myhill based on the information she provides on her website or having actually seen her as a patient. As far as I am concerned, she seems kind and caring but she should correct some of the erroneous information she has presented.

And you can have the same issues in reverse: if someone greatly admires a topic or person, they may well turn a blind eye to any faults, and not provide criticism where it is due. And that can be just as bad, in terms of providing an even handed appraisal.

That pretty well describes what you have been doing to the point of calling members 'pedants' for actually criticizing information she has presented on her website. Some of what she has said or claimed is worthy of criticism.

If anyone has allegiances to one side or the other of any debate, you are never going to get from them an even handed analysis, even though ostensibly they are only "critically appraising the evidence". Such a person is out to "score points" for their side of the debate; they are not really interested in trying to get to the truth of the matter.

It's not about allegiances or debates or scoring points. Nice of you to speculate about the intentions and allegiances of members here. You don't seem to want to accept any criticism of Dr Myhill's information on her website. Why turn it into an us versus them argument. Why resort to insults. Somebody asked what our opinion on Dr Myhill is. What you are offering here is totally off-topic.

In the case of the conventional medicine versus alternative medicine arguments, I find that where people are polarized to one side or the other, it is usually caused by ignorance and lack of personal experience of the other side of the debate. By ignorance I don't mean lack of intelligence, I mean, as per the dictionary definition of that word, a lack of knowledge or experience of a subject.

But this isn't about conventional versus alternative medicine arguments. Who are you to judge how much knowledge any member has on any subject. Posts are only a small snapshot of a person's knowledge. What does this have to do with Dr Myhill. She errs on the side of both conventional and alternative medicine. And at the end of the day say what you must, medicine is medicine, it either works or it doesn't. Offering lifestyle choices to really sick patients is not offering good medicine. Calling people who choose to criticize unproven treatments ignorant, is as far as I am concerned just as bad.

And you see such ignorance on both sides. I cringe when I see people ignorantly criticizing the achievements of modern scientific medicine. But equally, I am dismayed by the arrogance of statements like the one @Laelia just posted above:

Or the arrogant and ignorant intro of the Wikipedia alternative medicine article that I post earlier:

I see an amazing dumbness in such statements, a dumbness that I would not have expected from supposedly scientific minds.

Well to be honest some of the stuff you come out with is totally cringeworthy. Am I to accept that Hip on Phoenix Rising gets to define what is arrogant and what is ignorant. No I do not. All these words you are using are indirectly attacking members and totally off-topic. How about leaving us to discuss the thread topic. Somebody invariably comes along and causes a huge derail by introducing the same old same old. Like I said, some of her information seems fine, some not so much. Why can't we discuss this without being sucked into a vortex of innuendo and insult. For gods sake, there are obvious problems with both alternative and conventional medicine.

I am saying that ironically, you often find that people who use alternative medicine are engaged in testing and observation experiments (the basis of science), albeit in simple a simple homespun way. This is something you don't really find in people who delegate everything to their doctor and get a conventional medicine treatment.

Again with speculative comments. Testing how supplements work at home is not scientific because scientific method requires control etc. Can't do this at home very well. N= 1. So let's say I test a supplement and state that I see blue unicorns, is that information anything beyond an anecdote. Stop redefining science to fit in with your own skewed view of science. I don't know many here who delegate everything to a doctor. That would make us all mindless sheeple. Don't put us in a category of dumb mindless pedants.

Of course, you also find alternative medicine advocates that are embarrassingly non-scientific, and some who are quite incompetent when it comes to testing and observation.

Nevertheless, I think skeptically-minded critics of alternative medicine often do not appreciate this that done properly, alternative medicine is a sort of homespun science.

That's your opinion. I personally am getting tired of your condescending attitude and belittling members for being sceptical in a most horrible and insensitive way. Why can't we just have a conversation without you telling people how to think and what to think and then providing judgment. Pot, kettle, black re: Pedant.

I am not saying any of this as a moderator. I am saying this as a member who has been pushed into being totally fed up with this kind of stuff. I probably have crossed a line and @Sushi can do what she wants with me. Probably best to ban me from the thread. Can we not just have a conversation without the alternative vs conventional medicine argument rearing it's ugly head and defining people as dumb ignorant pedants. It's pointless and the agenda here is obvious. This thread is about Dr Myhill. Obviously posted with an agenda. How about we discuss the information and treatment she provides. I think she is a good doctor but provides some wrong information and is treating fatigue and ignoring the unique needs of ME patients. I am sure she has helped some and I know she has harmed some. Probably like any other doctor on the planet.

Undisclosed

But perhaps you don't live in the UK? For those of us who do Sarah Myhill is in my opinion, considerably better informed than the average GP. More likely to help and less likely to do harm.

Perhaps I do live in the UK and haven't updated my profile. I don't think you can expect an average GP to know a lot about ME but I do expect somebody who says they specialize in CFS to post correct information. Myhill deals in lifestyle. My GP deals in symptom reduction which is what I expect and she does a fine job. I have no complaints. If I went to her and she suggested the paleo diet, I would be annoyed and leave. I don't think it's fair to lump GP's under one umbrella nor is it fair to give ME specialists a pass just because they treat ME. I don't think every GP in the UK deserves to be treated as if they don't know anything. Each one should be assessed individually. My GP is most excellent and up to date. She has never mentioned CBT, GET or any other stupid useless treatments. I would trust her over Myhill.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I probably have crossed a line and @Sushi can do what she wants with me.
Sushi has a migraine and isn't capable of doing anything sensible...
Can we not just have a conversation without the alternative vs conventional medicine argument rearing it's ugly head
Except agree--there is no end to this argument and when it comes up in a thread it always takes the thread off topic.

TreePerson

Perhaps I do live in the UK and haven't updated my profile. I don't think you can expect an average GP to know a lot about ME but I do expect somebody who says they specialize in CFS to post correct information. Myhill deals in lifestyle. My GP deals in symptom reduction which is what I expect and she does a fine job. I have no complaints. If I went to her and she suggested the paleo diet, I would be annoyed and leave. I don't think it's fair to lump GP's under one umbrella nor is it fair to give ME specialists a pass just because they treat ME. I don't think every GP in the UK deserves to be treated as if they don't know anything. Each one should be assessed individually. My GP is most excellent and up to date. She has never mentioned CBT, GET or any other stupid useless treatments. I would trust her over Myhill.
If you have moved to the UK then fair enough. I do get what you're saying but I also get why, particularly over here PWME might make such a blanket statement. I would be very surprised if a majority of British GPs are up-to-date with current ME biomedical research. On the other hand I would be very surprised if Sarah Myhill isn't. It's the sort of thing that can make a massive difference in terms of feeling validated, obtaining evidence to claim benefits and so on.
My understanding is she also deals with symptom management, prescribes conventional drugs such as sleeping aids antivirals Etc. I may be wrong but I think she treats vegetarians and others who do not want to adhere closely to the paleo diet.
I am not one of her patients and I don't agree with all her dietary advice, but I do think on balance she has been very helpful to a lot of PWME, and I think very many people in the UK still struggle to find a helpful supportive GP.

Last edited:

Hip

I am not saying any of this as a moderator. I am saying this as a member who has been pushed into being totally fed up with this kind of stuff. I probably have crossed a line and @Sushi can do what she wants with me. Probably best to ban me from the thread. Can we not just have a conversation without the alternative vs conventional medicine argument rearing it's ugly head and defining people as dumb ignorant pedants. It's pointless and the agenda here is obvious.

Kina, I know this has got off-topic, and perhaps this discussion should be in a thread of its own, a thread on the subject of frictions between alternative medicine versus conventional medicine. In fact, I have meaning to start a thread on this topic for some time. Not a thread that discusses these two sides from a medical perspective, but rather one that looks at why there are often frictions and insults exchanged between both sides.

I personally don't like to see when either side gets insulted. And what I was trying to explore in my above comments was the core reasons why people seem to want to insult either alternative medicine or conventional medicine, depending on their allegiance. My feeling is that when people insult either one side or the other, the reason stems from a lack of knowledge or experience about how that side operates, and what its advantages and disadvantages are.

A discussion on the nature of both alternative medicine and conventional medicine might bring more understanding on the issues involved in each, and thereby more harmony to discussions.

Calling people who choose to criticize unproven treatments ignorant, is as far as I am concerned just as bad.

Criticism of either alternative medicine or conventional medicine is of course not problem, but if someone offers criticism, it would be nice if they had a basic understanding of the nature and ethos of the subject matter they are dealing with.

In the case of alternative medicine, a lot of the time this is an exploratory and intuitive approach, and so to criticize it on the ground that it is an unproven treatment is to miss the point of alternative medicine. Most of the alternative treatments I found success with resulted from my almost random exploratory testing of supplements. That exploratory approach is part of the ethos (and charm) of alternative medicine.

That pretty well describes what you have been doing to the point of calling members 'pedants' for actually criticizing information she has presented on her website.

I think you may have misunderstood my point, which was not arguing against criticism per se, but I was saying that to focus on small mistakes that may be on Dr Myhill's website while failing to mention the good work Dr Myhill was involved with, such as her studies, seems to me to be pedantic (= excessively concerned with minor details). Not to mention a bit unfair. It is not fair if you just focus on the negatives.

Testing how supplements work at home is not scientific because scientific method requires control etc. Can't do this at home very well. N= 1.

We will have to agree to disagree there, because I am talking about science as a natural mental talent, not as a series of requirements for journal publication. Some people have more of that talent than others. If you are observant, write down notes, and are willing to try different experiments to see their results, even if it is only N=1 experiments on yourself, that's still science in my book. Though I appreciate you have a different view.

Am I to accept that Hip on Phoenix Rising gets to define what is arrogant and what is ignorant. No I do not. All these words you are using are indirectly attacking members

Why are you taking my comments so seriously? I am just one of thousands of members here expressing my views. If I say that I think such and such is arrogant, that only my opinion, nothing more. It does not imply that I am "getting to define" what arrogant means. I certainly have not got a monopoly on that word.

And these words are not intended to attack any members. It was really just me expressing myself at how annoyed I get with people like those Wikipedia editors who thought it was amusing to juxtapose the title "Alternative Medicine" with "Quackery, Pseudoscience, and Pseudomedicine". My own view is that those editors are arrogant and being deliberately insulting (to people like me who use alternative medicine), but if you disagree with me, I respect that you have a different opinion to mine.

Last edited:

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Are you sure that is the case?

As well as her standard treatment of the stone age diet plus supplements like D-ribose, magnesium, Q10, acetyl-L-carnitine, NAD and B12 injections, judging from her website (and her page that lists all her treatments for fatigue), Dr Myhill also appears to use the following ME/CFS treatments:

• Until recently Dr Myhill used Valtrex as per the Dr Lerner protocol to treat EBV-associated ME/CFS (until the GMC recently prevented her from prescribing this drug) — see this page on her website about the Valtrex protocol.

• Dr Myhill has a page on Dr Chia's oxymatrine treatment, so possibly she uses this, or maybe just suggests that patients can try it themselves, as it is available as a supplement.

• She has a page on low-dose naltrexone (LDN), so possibility she may try this on some ME/CFS patients. Dr Chia has found that LDN only works for a small subset of patients, but in patients where it does work, the benefits are substantial.

• Dr Myhill lists the ketogenic diet as something that may help fatigue; several patients on this forum report they benefited from the ketogenic diet.

• On this page about human growth hormone for ME/CFS (which Dr Myhill found did not have impressive results), she mentions that ME/CFS patients have suppression of the HPA axis, and that many patients can be improved by taking physiological doses of hormones such as thyroxine, DHEA, cortisol and melatonin. So possibly she uses these treatment in her practice.

Thus her treatment portfolio seems similar to that of many other ME/CFS doctors.

She does not seem to offer all these as standard. It can be quite confusing being a patient of hers because, as far as I could see it was up to me, as the patient to say if I wated to do or try something. Her main focus is the diet and supplement - if you don't get that right she isn't keen to move onto other things. She did offer me DHEA based on testing and Thyroxine, neither of which I tolerated. These were given based on tests I had to ask for, no follow up to try something else was offered. The ball is firmly in the patients court to decide and sort out what they might need/want.

This is my opinion of what I have seen, in general I still support Dr Myhill. I have so far seen three highly recommended specialist for M,E and none of them have been perfect or know all the answers. All of them have plus points and minus points - and so far im not really any better. Dr Skinner came the closest to putting me in remission, but then the very drug that made me so better turned against me and made me permanently worse.

Is any Dr perfect/

Last edited:

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0

This:
.www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Phospholipid_exchange

Recommends Patricia Kane, who reeks of quackery. https://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3824

Myhill is not a charlatan but a credulous crank who I suspect starts with passionate convictions rather than evidence.

"Harm" is not necessarily directly poisoning people but wasting their money, time and hope and/or undermining their understanding of science with pseudoscientific BS.

keenly

This:
.www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Phospholipid_exchange

Recommends Patricia Kane, who reeks of quackery. https://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3824

Myhill is not a charlatan but a credulous crank who I suspect starts with passionate convictions rather than evidence.

"Harm" is not necessarily directly poisoning people but wasting their money, time and hope and/or undermining their understanding of science with pseudoscientific BS.

Patricia Kane is a genius. Anyone doing great work is targeted. She is infinitely more intelligent than 90% of those calling themselves M.Ds. Toxins do accumulate in fats, this can be verified with a biopsy. Replacing fats and supporting membranes with PC is not quackery, only a moron would say it is. Most doctors know very little about fats and their importance. To call her a quack shows you are not genuine, you likely work for a nefarious organization serving the establishment.

Fats are required for cell signaling, did you not know that? If one has poor absorption from the gut, why not IV? It is a great idea. Yes many illnesses are caused by environmental toxins, not genetics.

Do not not think toxins on the brain could cause dementia? Aluminium plays no part in Alzheimers?

You clearly have an agenda, further evidenced by your support of con artist Crawley.

It is a shame this site is ruined by paid agents, and those linked to Wessley, Crawley etc.

Patrica Kane has helped more people than any of your heroes have, and she did it without drugs. Try reading the 1993 paper, “Modulation of learning, pain thresholds, and thermoregulation in the rat by preparations of free purified a-linolenic and linoleic acids” by Yehuda. Start there. Educate yourself.

Last edited:

Wolfiness

Activity Level 0
Um, no, sweetheart, my post in the other thread was demonstrating that semantic ploy known as "irony". Start from there and build on that.

Undisclosed

Patricia Kane is a genius. Anyone doing great work is targeted. She is infinitely more intelligent than 90% of those calling themselves M.Ds. Toxins do accumulate in fats, this can be verified with a biopsy. Replacing fats and supporting membranes with PC is not quackery, only a moron would say it is. Most doctors know very little about fats and their importance. To call her a quack shows you are not genuine, you likely work for a nefarious organization serving the establishment.

What is Patricia Kane's IQ?

What specific toxins accumulate in fats?

I must be a moron because I believe statements like this one made by Myhill --
Providing an abundance of clean oils helps to displace oils in the brain which hold polluting heavy metals, pesticides, volatile organic compounds etc. That is to say, these "clean" fats will displace "dirty" fats and also help detoxification.
are outright quackery.

Yes the brain requires fatty acids to develop and grow. That statement by Myhill is nonsense. This is what those promoting pseudoscience do -- combine proven science with bullshit made up nonsense. Myhill could have just said to have a balance of omega's every day.

Fats are required for cell signaling, did you not know that? If one has poor absorption from the gut, why not IV? It is a great idea. Yes many illnesses are caused by environmental toxins, not genetics.

Yes fats are required for cell signaling. None of what else you said supports that Kane isn't a quack. How about producing some research that shows that phosphatidylcholine IV's 'detox' the brain and how. Just asking you to provide some research to back up claims made by Kane -- please dumb it down for us morons.

Do not not think toxins on the brain could cause dementia? Aluminium plays no part in Alzheimers?

Current research provides no convincing evidence that exposure to trace elements of aluminum is connected to the development of dementia.

You clearly have an agenda, further evidenced by your support of con artist Crawley.

What are you banging on about. Try rereading @Wolfiness posts

It is a shame this site is ruined by paid agents, and those linked to Wessley, Crawley etc.

PAID AGENTS -- Please contact me. -- I am in urgent need of money. What do I need to say? This is sarcasm.
If you believe there are paid trolls on PR why not report them rather than accusing innocent members just because you don't like what they have said.

Patrica Kane has helped more people than any of your heroes have, and she did it without drugs. Try reading the 1993 paper, “Modulation of learning, pain thresholds, and thermoregulation in the rat by preparations of free purified a-linolenic and linoleic acids” by Yehuda. Start there. Educate yourself.

What heroes? Superman, Superwoman??? Here's a thought, educate yourself about how the human body metabolizes and uses fat, how the body works to get rid of unwanted substances, how the blood brain barrier works and what the hallmarks of quackery are.

Um, no, sweetheart, my post in the other thread was demonstrating that semantic ploy known as "irony". Start from there and build on that.

Good advice.

keenly

What is Patricia Kane's IQ?

What specific toxins accumulate in fats?

I must be a moron because I believe statements like this one made by Myhill -- are outright quackery.

Yes the brain requires fatty acids to develop and grow. That statement by Myhill is nonsense. This is what those promoting pseudoscience do -- combine proven science with bullshit made up nonsense. Myhill could have just said to have a balance of omega's every day.

Yes fats are required for cell signaling. None of what else you said supports that Kane isn't a quack. How about producing some research that shows that phosphatidylcholine IV's 'detox' the brain and how. Just asking you to provide some research to back up claims made by Kane -- please dumb it down for us morons.

Current research provides no convincing evidence that exposure to trace elements of aluminum is connected to the development of dementia.

What are you banging on about. Try rereading @Wolfiness posts

PAID AGENTS -- Please contact me. -- I am in urgent need of money. What do I need to say? This is sarcasm.
If you believe there are paid trolls on PR why not report them rather than accusing innocent members just because you don't like what they have said.

What heroes? Superman, Superwoman??? Here's a thought, educate yourself about how the human body metabolizes and uses fat, how the body works to get rid of unwanted substances, how the blood brain barrier works and what the hallmarks of quackery are.

Good advice.

PESTICIDES. I know this for a fact, I have had a fat biopsy done myself.

How do we rid the body of this?

God bless Patricia Kane and Dr Myhill far from quacks.

barbc56

Gosh when I googled fat biopsies for pesticides, the only revlant site was Dr. Myhill. Most of the others were about breast biopsies. If anyone finds a citation I missed, let me know.

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Fat_biopsy_for_pesticides_or_Volatile_Organic_Compounds

I'm still looking.

@Kina, shame on you, did you forget our own PR superhero @TiredSam? Of course he's lying down, but it's rather apt tfor this forum.

@keenly We get the idea you like Dr. Myhill and that's fine but it's your opinion. A more effective post would be if you could tell us what practices you like and if they helped you. Just your opinion would be fine, as long as you say it's your opinion and back it up. But opinions may be different than facts and science.

Last edited: