• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What to do with results from Geneticgenie??

Finally got my results!! Any suggestions as to what to take or do is appreciated: Based on the research, I kinda of assumed this, and this product was suggested: MTHFR A1298C (+/-) :http://www.neurobiologix.com/Neuro-Immune.../46.htm. Now, I know why I don't do well with sulfur foods (garlic)...CBS C699T +/-. MTHFR C677T (-/-) & MTR A2756G (-/-) which tells me I don't need B12 & folate explains and why I felt weird when I took them. Not sure about COMT V158M (+/-), COMT H62H (+/-) & BHMT-08 (+/-)?? txs for any suggestions!

shah78

tea leaves, as in cryptic information . Where did you find the data that you sent to Geneticgenie? All I found was a bunch of risks of cancer, bloat,eczema et al. or was I Neanderthal.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
My doc has me taking molybdenum for my CBS mutations. She said 100-300 mcgs for 4 months. I'm still on it so I'm not sure what the next move is.

tea leaves, as in cryptic information . Where did you find the data that you sent to Geneticgenie? All I found was a bunch of risks of cancer, bloat,eczema et al. or was I Neanderthal.

I started with getting the test from 23andme.com which takes about 6-8 weeks; then I went to GGenie & downloaded the information which then GGenie breakdowns the results.

bel canto

shah78, there is a way to download your "raw" genetic data from 23andme to your computer as a text file. I believe you access it through a "browse" request on 23andme.

The text file of your raw data can then be uploaded by you to genetic genie or other sites which which give you a report on your specific genetics.