• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What tests would you do?

Valentijn

I've had a lot from that lab, since they're local to where I live.

The blood platelet catecholamines (neurotransmitters panel 1) was very useful. Organic acids and 24 hour amino acids (under Urine) can be useful if you want to see how screwed up your kreb's cycle and amino acids are - these can help in figuring out if you need to supplement some vitamins or minerals or amino acids, or you can test vitamins and an "elements in blood panel" directly.

I had other things tested (thyroid, other hormones), but that stuff was pretty normal. I wouldn't do any of their "Immunology" testing because they don't provide ranges or even say what sort of test they use, so it's impossible to tell if the results mean anything.

Valentijn

They need a practioner's stamp ?
Technically, yes, but I don't think they check into it at all. My US doc that ordered the tests didn't have an email address on the form, so they just the results to my email.

Helen

Methylation panel: glutathione (oxidized), glutathione (reduced), S-adenosyl-methionine (RBC), S-adenosylhomocysteine (RBC), tetrahydrofolate (THF), 5-
methyl-THF, 10-formyl-THF, 5-formyl-THF, folic acid, folinic acid, folic acid (RBC), adenosine

Hi Tim,
This description is from their list of tests. It was highly recommended by Richvank as it best of all tests from all labs reflects the methylation . He has written an interpretation that you could find here at the forum. It has been very helpful for me and for friends. You can see from the labvalues if a methylation protocol would be suitable for you. I am sure you can get help here to interprete the results. Good luck! Helen

golden

I have been told of a blood test for

NAGALASE

http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/

and that this lab does it.

Its supposed to be important to get it before beginning mcgaff ....

but I don't know what it is?

has anyone done it and is the lab good?

:) thanks

results of M.E. groups are high and this is a good marker to physical problem?

golden

aquariusgirl is that question for me?

I have almost forgotten about this line of enquiry!

I believe I was told by M.E. charity groups that people with M.E. often show a high level of Nagalese in a blood test.

In my own post, I was hoping someone with more knowledge could expand on this :)

People are being offered free McGaff treatment in the North of England (possibly elsewhere too I have been told) - and if it successfully treats M.E. only then does one have to pay. Payment maybe around two thousand pounds.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
p.s. blinkin' 'eck I have done it again!

sorry - its GcMaff - NOT McGaff .....

:(

I've had nagalase tested a number of times. It came down steadily while on GcMAF. I think quite of few of us have tested nagalase.

Suhi