• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What tests to start with?

Hello,
My intro and background can be found here
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...hing-for-answers-here-i-am.42882/#post-694264

I am scheduled to see a rheumatologist on April 1st, so I know they will want to do a lot of tests. But I also have a slip from my functional and integrative doctor that I was thinking of getting done beforehand to get some of the tests out of the way.

This slip includes: vitamin B-12, folic acid, CBC, CMP, vitamin D, assay TSH, thyroid peroxidase antibody, assay of total thyroxine, free T3, assay of ferritin, sed rate, and C-reactive protein

I figured since she is very open that maybe I could ask her to order other tests that might point me in the right direction, but I'm not sure where to start. I know there are some viral tests maybe? And I've been reading a lot about hypercoagulation, but most of the stuff is from a few years ago. Does anyone do testing for that anymore?

Anyway, I'm new to this so what are some suggestions for other tests to get me started?

jadam914

Foggy member
Try this site:
http://www.name-us.org/MECFSExplainPages/TestAbnormalities.htm

Those are good tests and there is a fairly exhaustive symptoms list on the site too. Some tests your doctor or insurance may not go for though and there are other standard exclusion your doctor's will likely do to rule out the usual suspects. Sjogren's is one sometimes over looked, there is blood test but the biopsy is said to be more accurate. If I remember correctly T4 should be done with your T3 or even the full comprehensive T panel.