• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What pain do you experience? mine is like this...

joshi81

Hi guys the word PAIN i think is a intere world because everyone refer as pain as private and unique sensation which often is not the same sensation another one experience...so often we say pain but what exactly men?
For exapmle i haven't and have never had an acute muscle pain, not even a stabbing pain or an exercise induced pain.
The "pain" i experience i more like a soreness that i feel when i press my fingers on some muscles (and it is symetric left/right+chest), it's not an intense pain (when i press) it's more like a light but always present soreness that i feel.
And when i do not press my fingers or other on my muscles they give anyway a sensation like light inflamation, or fatigued, it's like when u walk a lot and come back home you go to bed to relax and feel that sensation of fatigue or inflamation/soreness which is not properly a pain but a discomfort of the muscles you exercised so much during the long walking.
But this sensation is not induced by exercise it is always present 24h/24 like a background symptom.
I have it in legs, hands, feet, chest .
Someone else experience this kind of thing which is also difficult to explain?

vamah

I have pain that is like that, a constant soreness in my muscles that varies from mild to moderate but is never excruciating and never completely absent. It is different, though, from the kind of "good pain" I used to get from exercising. I can't explain why, but it has a different quality. My muscles can also be very sensitive to touch at times. I will, for example have to tell my daughter not to hug me very hard because it hurts.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
@joshi81

Hi Joshi

I'm sure there are many of us here who could write a long monograph on various types of pain we have experienced.

In my experience what you are describing is the basic pain type most often experienced by ME sufferers.
And by basic I'm not suggesting to minimize it's effect. I don't know if it is in fact inflammation pain but it might be.
You don't have to have exercised to be feeling that, you are not alone. You can make the pain worse and cause further fatigue if you ignore it though as some of us have done in the past.

It's hard to really know of course from anyone's description exactly what they're feeling.

Just as an interesting aside to what is causing the pain, I have been on a gluten free diet for 3.5 months now.
Two days ago I broke ranks and ate half a pizza with a regular gluten crust. The next morning I woke with full body pain of the type you describe.
I always have some level of pain but this was the same pain just so much more intense.

I had not expected that. But it suggests another cause for the pain other than overexertion.
I hope you find help for your symptoms somewhere here so that you can live your life more fully.
SD

joshi81

thanks vamah and snowdrops for repling... i am trialling a gluten free diet i mean i am since a lot on a gluten free diet but i find myself cheating every week so i never really did a few months gluten free diet so now i decided it was time to do it ..just to see what happen. i don't know other things to do because even if it is not an intense pain it is the symptoms which was with me from the start and never stopped one day! it seem a not dreadfull symptoms but it is so damn persistent and nothing seems to help... and it is that symptom that gives me the general "un-well" feeling

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
@joshi81

Don't give up. What kinds of things do you do presently for your ME?

I have used a combination of Over The Counter drugs at times and have found some relief.
For example, muscle relaxants (at bedtime usually) with ibuprophen or naproxen (sold as Aleve here).
I have also started taking antihistamines sometimes, again usually at night.

I have also begun to think that magnesium plays an important role, at least with the type of symptoms I have which are mostly neurological. And then vitamin D for hormonal symptoms.

I don't know if taking magnesium would be of use before any neuro symptoms manifest but it might help.
SD

joshi81

In these 8 years i've done so many things but nothing helped and my symptoms got worse, i had 40 IV EDTA for chelation therapy, i changed my diet and i follow a Whals diet + rice (i cannot thrive without an X amount of carbs), i made a 7 days water fast + 7 days of just fruit, CBT, Meditation, a loto of supplements tried ... nothing nothing seems to have an impact on my symptoms so i think maybe it's a genetic thing i cannot fight... like a myopathy who knows..

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
@joshi81

Do you rest adequately? Or do you try do do things like usual?

rest doesn't seem like much of a treatment and it's not the 'fun' non sick people make it out to be but more rest might help.
SD