• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What name would you give to replace CFS or ME?

What Alternative Name Would You Give Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

• Iceland disease

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chronic Epstein-Barr virus

• Yuppie Flu

• Post Viral Fatigue Syndrome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaveMe

So you are not suffering enough? Really, Yuppie Flu, you are just asking for it!

GG

What do you mean ggingues by "So you are not suffering enough?" I find this very offensive. I should not have to justify this remark but here: I suffer just as much as most people on here do. I have CFS and Fibromyalgia, and most likely POTS which I get tested for next week. Trust me, I have no reason to be here if I was not sick. You can view all of my posts--never had I attempted to sell anything (like some people here do). I want to be outside playing basketball, I want my girlfriend back, I want my job back, I want my personality back, I want my money back, I want my brain and body back, and the list goes on. So to answer your question, I am suffering enough.

I included Yuppie Flu as a distractor, just as any multiple choice quiz would have. http://www.uwec.edu/geography/ivogeler/multiple.htm Yuppie flu
This term was popularized in a November 1990 Newsweek cover story and was never official medical terminology. It reflects a stereotype that CFS mainly affects the affluent, and implies that it is a form of burnout. US CDC research has shown that CFS affects poor people and minorities at higher rates than the affluent and whites. Any one with CFS knows this.

You also state "Please use ME/CFS as the diseases name" but if I did that then I would defeat my purpose. I am not upset with Myalgic Encephalomylitis (sounds scientific and solid to me) , therefore I do not feel its name should be changed. Chronic Fatigue syndome is the only name I raise into question here.

I dont know who you think I am, but if you think im some sort of CFS imposter, you got the wrong man. The last thing I want with this illness is arguing or stress.

And there is no need to be an instigator, you commented on a totally unrelated thread and posted "Speaking of appalling check out this thread started by one of our own?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alterna...ome#Yuppie_flu

You can see that I was first to vote, which I did for Low NK cell disease. Yuppie was there so members could get a laugh at it, but I guess not.

I ran out of choices too, all of these names I took from Wikipedia. please forgive me
My intentions are pure.