• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What labs for autoimmune before Oxymatrine?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I want to try oxymatrine but I don't know what autoimmune labs to get per Dr. Chia's recommendation.

I know he talks about Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis but I haven't been able to find the specific labs I should get to determine if I can take it or not.

Can someone tell me what I need? My doc uses Quest.

Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Hi Gypsy,

Thanks for the info. There is a ton of autoimmune disease on my dad's side so who knows. As long as I'm getting labs done, I want as many as I can get.

Thanks

Gypsy

I think, there are a few people who have posted on here who have seen Dr Chia. Maybe you could PM them. Have a look through the Equilibrant thread. Or maybe even Dr Chia will answer an email? I just started Equilibrant (oxymatrine) I have always had a negative ANA which is the biggest predictor of autoimmune diseases. And low CRP. RA is easy enough to test for. Lupus...that is more difficult. I'd get the ANA test to be sure.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm going to be taking oxymatrine since the Equilibrant has OLE which I cannot tolerate and can't afford. I'll have to tackle that link in bits and pieces. I have huge problems with more than 2 sentences at a time.

Thanks for finding it for me.

Minks

Gypsy

Oh! Ok. I would try emailing Dr Chia if you can. His email must be floating around somewhere online!

Gypsy

Ok, this link has an email for him, but I don't know if it is still valid as I have no idea when this article was posted

http://www.hfme.org/wchia.htm

Best of luck! Oh, and I like your cat pic! Who doesn't like a cat in a hat!? :)
Or is that some sort of bowl on his head? ;)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Have to say I never Heard of the Hummingbird Foundation. Thanks for the link

I honestly don't know what that cat is wearing. I think I "borrowed" that photo from some other person. Liked it too much not to share.

Gypsy

Looks like he is wearing a piece of pottery on his head and is engaged in deep meditation of some sort. Yup, that cat is contemplating something serious. :)

Hope you find out all the blood tests you need. Labtestsonline is a great site. If you need to peruse tests you need. Better to only be poked with a needle once if you can help it!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
It looks like an upside down plastic bowl or something. He looks in pain to me, or just humiliated!

I only have one shot to get the labs since going out again is not an option. I'll check out the link.

Minks

BFG

I will be seeing Dr. Chia in about a week for my first consult with him and I will ask him this question. Oh and the cat is from youtube. He has his own channel, but I couldn't find it because I think it was in Japanese when I found it a while back.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks so much BFG. I'm not far from Dr. Chia at all but I have no way to get to him.

I've had the picture for at least 4 or 5 years but can't remember where I stole it from!

Minks

Ema

There is a specialty lab called Cyrex that has advanced autoimmune testing.

http://www.cyrexlabs.com/CyrexTestsArrays/tabid/136/Default.aspx

Their #5 array is the one that tests for many different types of autoantibodies.

There are two problems with this testing in my opinion though. First, it is expensive. I think this array is $5-700. Second, it can find antibodies at a very early stage. So people are coming back positive to many categories without any symptoms. Their rationale is that a few antibodies often turns into full blown disease but this can take decades or more. I'm not sure it does any good to test for something that may or may not be a problem in a decade when there aren't any clear cut steps to take to prevent this from happening.

Ema

BFG

Hey Minkeygirl, Dr. Chia ran what he called "a poor mans test for autoimmunity" which was C reactive protein. I could barely ask him any questions as he was trying to explain everything to me and by the end he was already out. But he also told me that I could find oxymatrine online if I wanted to try it, but warned it could possible be contaminated with lead.