• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What killed Mold and Spoors

student

What killed Mold and Spoors

This „Spiritus“ (Ethanol - translated?) is my favorit. I would drop that ontop oft he mold. And leave it – for about 150 min before cleaning. With (Isopropanyl) Alkohol I clean up after 75 min.

This German „TEST“ magasine voted for: > 80% Alkohol and others. https://www.test.de/Mittel-gegen-Schimmel-Was-den-Pilz-killt-1027823-1030197/ See line 10 and 11: Alkohol (Isopropanyl 5,70 €) or Spiritus - "Äthanol" 1,55 € (at „Hausmittel“- home wear).

yours :thumbsup: student

What is your choice? Can that realy end – the spoors? - This (Brenn-Spiritus for camping cooking) Ethanol smells more. And is inflamable...

Last edited:

Forebearance

Yes, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) is my favorite treatment for annoying spot mold like mildew in hotel bathrooms. It seems to kill mold and bacteria on contact.

I have even used it to kill mushrooms in a campground. ha!

But I don't think I could rehabilitate a whole building with it.

student

I would - soak this area - if possible. Let the nasti "spoors" soak with the fluids - so that they could die off. Before I move much of it.
It heard - with early wipe of - I could close some of the poroes cavities of the material - too early. So more spoors could survive. (Think about a facial mask - to avoid breathing-in any of this). And I want to avoid water. So I wipe it off drie with some liquid-orange-soap. And please- direktly through the used-paper tissue awai - safely.