• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is your current regime?

golden

Reading about your pesticide dousing set off alarm bells for me. Some people get MCS after just one strong exposure to pesticides. Although the actual dousing is over, there are still going to be some pesticides in the air and where you walk. And there may be more dousings in the future. (Over time, there certainly will be.) Even healthy people should not live in such an environment. If you're going to make a permanent improvement (or even avoid going downhill), you may have to move.

I have lived here a long time on and off. It is one row of detached houses surrounded by farmers fields- so the pesticide issue is ongoing.

I dont know about moving practically. It would take me getting a large cash injection and expending a lot of effort getting tge house and garden ready. I havent succeeded in gettingceven the basics addressed for myself yet.

But when the farmers used to spray with helicopters it was much worse, i think its been banned now. But the garden was covered thick with red powder...everything. It was like red snow. Cant have been good.

My MCS consistently diminish when my health improves suggesting to me its a detox issue that is the cause...