• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the purpose of Enzymatic Therapy on B12 Protocol

Phred

Hi,

Can someone tell me the purpose of this vitamin on Freddd's protocol? As far as I can tell it's just Mb12, at least that's what iherb lists the ingredients as. If I have the Jarrow 5mg Mb12 do I need the enzymatic therapy too? I'm a little confused and I realize Freddd isn't around to answer questions right now, so I'm hoping someone else knows.

Thanks,
Phred

Seadragon

Hi,

I believe it can have a slightly different effect because it is cultured on different yeast or something? (Can anyone help me out more specifically here?)

Some poeple find that a combination of the different types of B12 i.e. Mb12, Dibencozide and Enzymatic therapy can have a better overall impact and effect than taking just one kind.

I haven't tried this yet because of money but adding the Dibencozide to the Mb12 has definitely made a positive difference for me and I plan to add in the Enzymatic therapy when I can afford it also.

Love Esperanza x

maddietod

Freddd and a group of friends and family tested different mb12s, and they found that for them, these 2 worked slightly differently. They found the combination to be more effective than either one alone.

They certainly work differently in me. I tolerate the Enzymatic Therapy just fine, but an equal dose of Jarrow makes me crazy and hateful.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I think he list both the Jarrows and Enzymatic Therapy as 5 star supplements, I believe he tends to prefer Enzymatic Therapy. As well, I think I have read that he takes both or alternates occasionally, but I'm not positive about that.

Phred

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have the Jarrow b's now. It took almost 2 months to get them (hate customs!). I'll order the ET's and hope they come. I'll just start with the Jarrow for now. I've been taking a different mb12 so it'll be interesting to see the difference.

place

Be Strong!
A month ago, I switched to Jarrow 5mg 2x a day. At the same time I got the flu and had some sinus issues. Both of which make me slightly tired. Week 4 and still a little tired. I also ran out of my ribose. I got my ribose and I started adding 2-4 ET mb12d more a day. My energy is back up. Two things

1) The Jarrow 5mg is too big and I struggle to keep it under my lip and end up eating it.

2) I'm not sure about the absorption rate, but from what I read, it might be better to have less in for longer than more in for short time periods.... Freddd, can way in on this as he has tested. Just my theory for..now.

pela

Freddd, who has been around lately, says Enzymatic Therapy brand MB12 is the only known effective brand at this point. He has downgraded Jarrow to 3 stars, and hopefully there are tests underway with some different brands.