• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is current Immunovir Dosing?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Can anyone tell me the current Immuovir dosing? It had been working up to 6 pills a day then weekends off.

Then I remember @lnester7 saying Dr. Rey had changed it to two tablets and day with no breaks.

Does that still hold? What about "tolerance"

I'm tossing around adding it to my Valcyte.

Seven7

Seven
Mine is 3 tablets a day (I have a particular problem where I get too acidic, and all my soft tissue openings splits open, yes all of them :oops:). Dr Klimas in this visit did ask me to break every 6 months. So would be nice to hear from other patients and see what the current consensus is, pause or not to pause?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Ouch! Yah I'd like to know about pausing or not. I know @heapsreal seemed to feel he needed the break.

Does she still feel Inosine is a good cheaper alternative? 3 a day is about $90/month

redaxe

I'd go easy on this stuff - I tried it at the Cheney dose (alternating between 2-6 pills a day). The 6 a day made me feel like a had a huge flu-like hangover - not a nice sensation.
Part of the problem is we don't know enough about the immune system abnormalities. Some of us may well have autoimmunity - judging by the rituximab trials, Isoprinosine might elevate this immune response.

I alternate weeks of 2 tablets/day and 3 tablets/day, with weekends off, a schedule I've been on for a couple of years. Looking ahead, the plan is to consider maintaining that routine but on a schedule of 3 months on, 3 months off.