• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What has helped improve your energy the most?

tyson oberle

For me, not changing what I consume made the biggest difference in many years. I ate a very strict diet with no changes. I have high IgE antibodies to everything I consume which test have shown. Not altering the foods and times eaten/drank resulted in little tiredness, no brain fog and coupled with other treatments no coldness of hands and feet, no PEM and few symptoms except for a shifted body clock. I did have fairly low blood pressure of around 85/49 with a slow pulse which I think was caused by a herb that I take. My digestive system permeability is very high, most likely a lot higher than most on this forum.

Whenever I added any different foods/drink I would experience exhaustion and it could take days to recover the eating pattern and stop the tiredness.

While doing this I could walk several miles/day with no problems. Change my eating and I would crash. This is most likely due to Increased Digestive Permeability and my bodies reaction to large food molecules entering my blood stream. Eating so strictly seemed to allow my body ie immune system to adapt and accept the large food molecules entering my blood stream. This might be an IgE antibody adaption and it worked very well for me. I also did not have any recognised kidney function reduction which for a T1 diabetic is very good.

I have never got much out of D-Ribose, I do have some but there was something about it which I did not get along well with, although I cannot remember why.

For those who use D-Ribose, I did come across something somewhere online which I quote. If you enclose this in quotes and search google many links will show up:
How do you know that you have high IgE antibodies to what you consume? What test did you take that shows that? Is checking for high IgE antibodies a type of food tolerance test? Anyway, I have heard many times that food tolerance tests are not accurate. I worry about any food tolerance test not being accurate. How would I know 100% what test is valid and what test is not? I also have low blood pressure and a very low pulse. I have cold hands and feet which I have noticed a few times get worse with certain foods. The different types of food tolerance tests that I have done in the past contradicted each other. For example, one type of test would show a certain food as OK to consume while another type of test would show that same food as not OK to consume. Also these food tolerance tests contradicted my symptoms. For example, if I eat any type of dairy whether from a cow or a goat I get immediate nasal congestion yet the test(s) would show OK to consume.

@Learner1
i have cholesterol so atorvastatin is medicine to lower cholesterol in blood, very high cholesterol cause fatigue and dangerous fatal problems, but for me it only worked for 2 or 3 weeks but then my fatigue came back again, it might work and cure others, but that was my case
the other vitamins i mentioned also helped a lot because i had low levels of them in my blood, but my fatigue keeps coming back, still searching for cure, i will try L-Carnitine next

Learner1

i have cholesterol so atorvastatin is medicine to lower cholesterol in blood, very high cholesterol cause fatigue and dangerous fatal problems, but for me it only worked for 2 or 3 weeks but then my fatigue came back again, it might work and cure others, but that was my case
Thanks for explaining. This sounds like an individually focused treatment, not something everyone with ME)CFS should run right out and try.

Perhaps your fatigue returned because CoQ10 became depleted?
the other vitamins i mentioned also helped a lot because i had low levels of them in my blood, but my fatigue keeps coming back, still searching for cure, i will try L-Carnitine next
Nutrients work in synergy with one another, as co-factors in different pathways. Many times, adding a single nutrient may help for awhile, but lacking the necessary co-factors, sustained benefit is not possible.

A comprehensive nutritional test like a Genova Diagnostics NutrEval may be useful in sorting out what combination of nutrients your body might need.

@Learner1 im not sure if i understand the meaning of depleted sorry, im still taking atorvastatin but it doesn't help with fatigue anymore, and ofcourse atorvastatin is not for anyone with ME/CFS, people should first do blood test to see if they need it.
i read in other thread here that someone has cured using atorvastatin, i believed it because it does made me feel good for 2 or 3 weeks.
thank you a lot for mentioning Genova Diagnostics NutrEval test, i will try to read about it soon.

@Learner1 @Leafean @Leah_Heisel @leela @Legolas @leelaplay @Leesa @Gemini @Gent @genni @YippeeKi YOW !! @Hoffy @Hoosierfans @Hea(l)ther @HealthyJourney @Heart Face @Heartl
guys, i have to say that l-carntine supplement worked like charm, started yesterday with 1 500mg pill, and today 2 500mg pills, and i can confirm this is like miracle for fatigue, it made me have very strong energy. my energy was zero, i was not able to do any simple task, and this made my energy like lets say 500% no joke, for real
i'm sure this will help a lot people out there, and it might not help others.
i'm not sure if this will last forever but i think it would
note: the first day i felt sleepy and lazy but i was feeling nice and comfortable feeling inside my body
but there was no energy, the next day at night i started feeling the power of it.
try it guys and come back give feedback
thank you all.

Last edited:
@Abdallah
A lot of supplements seem to work in the beginning but the positive effects tend to decrease or stop after some days/weeks.

I've recently started taking agmatine and it seems to help clearly. Hopefully the effects will last.

godlovesatrier

1. Pacing
2. Siberian Ginseng (first thing I tried)
3. Pukka Mushroom Gold (second thing I found)
4. BCAA's optimum nutrition (one of the most recent things I found)
5. Exclusion diet
6. Plenty of water

PM me if you want more info.

Wishful

i'm sure this will help a lot people out there, and it might not help others.

Carnitine allowed me to eat fatty foods without causing my ME symptoms to be worse, but didn't give me an energy boost. My guess is that it will help a few people, rather than a lot.

Please do let us know if it continues to work for you, or if it stops working. I've had quite a few things give an amazing improvement the first time or two, but then stop working and never work again. :grumpy:

If it stops working, at least you can take comfort from the fact that you've proven that ME isn't permanent damage, and that it can be treated if you can just find the right thing that does it reliably.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@Abdallah - 18 years ago taking 2000 mg. of l-carnitine a day gave me an amazing boost in energy, which lasted for 7 or 10 days. It was fantastic, and then it just stopped helping. I kept trying it off and on, but it never did that for me again. I hope it keeps helping you though!

About 3 months ago I started taking Cellfood, and it has noticeably made me feel better. I still crash unfortunately - it hasn't stopped PEM from occurring, but I feel better overall. See the thread I linked for more info and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Tammy

Natural anti-virals, exlcusion diet and various supplements B12, Vit. C and Zinc sulfate (main ones). For me, it has never been just one thing. I have to do all these things in combination.