Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What fixed the "crawlies" on my skin

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by ErinPickle, Jan 24, 2018.

1. ErinPickle

ErinPickle

It's kind of a long story, and if anyone's interested, I'll go into it, but I had the "invisible bugs" on my skin for two years. I've seen some people on here complaining of similar symptoms on here.

After trying everything, I found the culprit: it was the god-knows-what growing in the wax ring/seal underneath my toilet. I replaced it with a rubber seal from Amazon, and the crawlies went away almost right away.

Just thought I'd let you all know, it might help some people here.

Rlman and aaron_c like this.
  2. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You might like to read this article on formication, the sensation that resembles the feeling of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin.

This sensation is an example of as paresthesias, also known as "pins and needles". It is not caused by insects, more to do with nervous system issues.

I had paresthesias throughout my body for many years after catching the virus which triggered my ME/CFS. The supplement benfotiamine can be effective as a treatment for paresthesias.

PatJ and RL_sparky like this.
  3. Avocado

Avocado

Oh yes, the crawly boys. I have them too sometimes

See more popular forum discussions.