• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does the body do to ATP cycle when invasion of a virus or bacteria?

place

Be Strong!
Trying to connect the dots between my increase in energy 12 hours before I get sick.

Now that I am doing the b12's, that same upswing in energy I had before is x 100!

Does the mitochondria get a signal to increase ATP production and deplete the resources needed to make ATP?

Does getting rid of the B cells with Rubinex help brake the cycle of depletion?

Anyone?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Place, i cant answer your question, but for me the question is round the other way. My upswing in energy causes a crash some hours later as i overdo it every time my energy increases a bit - although with the B12 injections i am doing the energy is increasing more and more and the crashes are coming further apart.

place

Be Strong!
Hey Justy,

I have experimented a great deal.... even if I have an upswing and Park my butt on the coach, I still take a hit.

It's almost like the crash is independent to whether I use the extra energy or not.

I feel like my body is just flooded with energy. I also know that I won't be getting any sleep that night because I am not tired.

Is the extra energy cause the crash or is the energy and crash the symptom of some invading infection and/or another trigger?

I really feel that is an important clue for me, I just need to figure it out!! Chicken or the egg =(

Adster

Is it just an upswing in energy or complete temporary remission of your illness and all symptoms? There seems to be a number of people who get better before and or during certain types of infection.

Freddd

Hey Justy,

I have experimented a great deal.... even if I have an upswing and Park my butt on the coach, I still take a hit.

It's almost like the crash is independent to whether I use the extra energy or not.

I feel like my body is just flooded with energy. I also know that I won't be getting any sleep that night because I am not tired.

Is the extra energy cause the crash or is the energy and crash the symptom of some invading infection and/or another trigger?

I really feel that is an important clue for me, I just need to figure it out!! Chicken or the egg =(

Hi Place,
Assuming that the other things are balanced out, metafolin and potassium in particular, and you get the surge of energy and you USE it and do more than your body can really do, there is a crash, often severe. Overdoing is a major problem. Whele one feels filled with energy it is actually very little and the mitochondria and muscle needs to be rebuilt. There is no depth to the energy, no endurance. That takes work.

Freddd

Trying to connect the dots between my increase in energy 12 hours before I get sick.

Now that I am doing the b12's, that same upswing in energy I had before is x 100!

Does the mitochondria get a signal to increase ATP production and deplete the resources needed to make ATP?

Does getting rid of the B cells with Rubinex help brake the cycle of depletion?

Anyone?

HI Place,

Adenosylb12 and l-carnitne fumarate generally get the mitochondria started. It is the small amount of mb12 converted to adb12 that allows a few mitochondria startup. You could get them all startup up and your muscles healing,with needed cofactors including Metafolin and mb12 and all the rest or you will exhaust all sorts of things.

alex3619

Viruses trigger increased energy usage to replicate - they make thousands of copies of themselves in infected cells. The body can detect this and respond. I suspect the crash, in some cases, is cytokines reacting to increased energy production which the body might treat as a virus, even if the cause is not viral. Bye, Alex