• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What does Ampligen's effectiveness tell us in light of the latest research?

@Jesse2233 Yes, unfortunately, I would have the same problem trying to get transferred to Dr Peterson's AMP511 group.

NIH has teased about possibly doing trials with Ampligen and Rituximab, but that would be years away (if ever) because it will take a couple years to finish their post-infectious ME/CFS study.

I don't know what is going on at Hemispherx now. My husband knew someone who worked there who would keep him abreast of news, but she left the company.

All my hopes now lie with Dr. Davis and the Open Medicine Foundation. I pray he makes a breakthrough soon.

Gingergrrl

Yes, unfortunately, I would have the same problem trying to get transferred to Dr Peterson's AMP511 group.

@denmarkk I am so sorry (for you and others) who improved on Ampligen only to have it taken away. I think finding something that leads to a better quality of life and then having it taken away would be more frustrating than never finding it at all.

NIH has teased about possibly doing trials with Ampligen and Rituximab

Wow, I had not heard that. Do you mean that the NIH had teased about doing separate trials of Ampligen and Rituximab or one trial that involved both drugs?

@denmarkk I am so sorry (for you and others) who improved on Ampligen only to have it taken away.

Wow, I had not heard that. Do you mean that the NIH had teased about doing separate trials of Ampligen and Rituximab or one trial that involved both drugs?

@Gingergrrl Thank you! It was a frustrating time.

Julie Rehmeyer reported about an interview she did with the NIH head, Francis Collins: "In a recent interview, Collins described the range of possibilities under discussion. “They’re talking about everything from basic science – the metabolome, microbiome, immune system, imaging – to clinical trials for promising approaches, including Ampligen and Rituximab,” Dr. Collins said." http://www.meaction.net/2015/12/21/nih-considering-ampligen-and-rituximab-trials/

Also, one of the NIH scientists (Eugene (Gene) O. Major, PhD) who is part of the study is an expert on a rare but deadly side effect of Rituximab. So it makes me wonder why he is part of the group, unless they expect to use his expertise one day.

My fingers are crossed!

wastwater

Just answering a previous question,if I'm missing interferon regulatory factor 4 then maybe ampligen would via interferon regulate things was my crude understanding