• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do you take for muscle pain?

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Otis, for me staying away from some foods(very acidic ones like coffee,eggs, and citrus fruits), and taking potassium, cal, and mag before bed help to a certain extent. Taking minerals during the day make me very sleepy. Meds like tramadol sometimes help but cause severe side effects .

Thanks for the ideas, Sara.

Not much of anything makes me sleepy, so the minerals might give me one benefit or another. I haven't taken cal or potassium in a long time so it's probably time to revisit them.

Best wishes,
Otis

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I wonder if taking amino's like 5htp and acetyl-tyrosine to boost neurotransmitters like serotonin and norepinephrine can help with pain in a similar way to ad's like duloxetine, maybe without the side effects??

SaraM

Feel drugged on 5htp,too. Taking it in the evening does not help ; I will still feel dizzy and fatigued the next morning. L tyrosine and phenylalanine( both d and dl forms) cause thyroid pain with no effect on my muscle pain.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
Pushing the nighttime trazodone dose upwards seems to be helping. "Good" 'ol sleep->pain->sleep cycle.