• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do you have for Breakfast?

leokitten

A piece of Udi's gluten free toast with almond butter and superfruit jam. With Valcyte you have to take it with something fatty to increase absorption so that's why I eat the almond butter.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I shake, faint, feel sick and nauseous so most foods have been throwing up if not careful.
That sounds a lot like low blood sugar. You might try putting something like crackers and peanut butter (some protein, some fat) by your bed, then setting your alarm for a couple of hours before you are going to get up and eating it.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
Buttermilk or yogurt, egg, toast, fruit, dark chocolate, tea.
chocolate for breakfast : )

I can't get up for breakfast. I can't usually do more than 2 meals a day, although I've tried. I sleep too much.
But I do keep some energy bars by my bed, if I am awake and shaky but can't get up.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
All my pill and drops,
a herbal infusion with some rice sugar (fructose problem)
a non gluten "cracotte" or a toast with chicken ham or "caprice des dieux" (love that cheese, even it is not organic)
with my TV (netflix) series or the radio (not music)
and my fire just to revived my bones...:)

but if I want to do something, like today: I do it and than I eat otherwise I can't do anything, I am like a slug

have a nice day

Clodomir

ukxmrv

That sounds a lot like low blood sugar. You might try putting something like crackers and peanut butter (some protein, some fat) by your bed, then setting your alarm for a couple of hours before you are going to get up and eating it.

I have tried that @Bluestem. I can't eat peanut butter but there are other thing. However eating snacks early morning before the symptoms starts makes no difference to when it happens or how long.

When I had my short synacten test one of the things I noticed was that I was fasting before the test and felt great once I had the injection. I didn't need food or even feel hungry.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Were you eating something with some protein and/or fat? If you eat a carbohydrate snack, it can just make it worse.

ukxmrv

Were you eating something with some protein and/or fat? If you eat a carbohydrate snack, it can just make it worse.

Yes, I have tried protein / fat snack at midnight and at 4am / 5am (the nausea sets in after this) as experiments together and alone.

Once the nausea / vomiting / fainting sets in between 5-6am until 11am (approx) the best thing to stop it is toast or a croissant and black coffee. Other foods set off the vomiting badly or just have no effect. It's been like this for 30 years now.

Sleeping through this time is best for me if possible. If I wake at 11am I don't feel as bad and if it was lack of food I'd doubt that would happen?

Any other ideas would be welcome. My only guess is cortisol.

Last edited: