• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What brand of pregnenolone is best?

Hi guys,

I wanted to take pregnenolone to help with adrenal fatigue and to boost DHEA. What brand do you take/recommend?

I read sublingual ones are best. I wanted to order some sublingual ones from Source Naturals but they are sold out everywhere. There's is a delay in manufacturing.

Right now I'm just using Swanson's brand 10mg (it is capsule form and I put it under my tongue) but I don't know if it's good quality or not. Looking for something that's good quality but not overly expensive.

Thanks,

Cheryl

Ema

I take the Nutricology brand because I think lipid matrix is just as effective as the sublingual.

I just did labs and 50 mg/day raised my level from 32 up to just under 100. So it's working...

Ema

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I have found the transdermal creams work well. Cant get labs here for pregenolone but it did help increase cortisol and testosterone but only small increase in dhea from it. I get my cream made up from a compounding pharmacyand its made in a versa base cream which is suppose to have a good level of absorption and it dries within 30 sec. My testosterone cream is made in the same cream, versa base.

cheers!!

Thanks guys for the info. That's great what you're using helped you. I think for me, the easiest thing would be to take the one by Nutricology since I'm doing this on my own. My doctor relies too much on blood tests that aren't accurate therefore I wouldn't be able to get a cream at a compounding pharmacy.

If anyone else knows of any other brands that's helping you please let me know.

Cheryl

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
The best oral pregnenolone i have heard is lipid matrix (MRM is a brand i have heard other use)but there are some preg creams available generally are dosed between 10-25mg. I would think that in your part of the world u wouldnt need a script to get pregnenolone cream made up for you. Here in australia it is tightly regulated and requires a doctors prescription but even then we cant buy preg or dhea products from overseas unless we get a special licence, so the compounded products work out cheaper and easier to get for me.

I went through a bottle of micronized lipid matrix preg and it didn't help me feel any better and didn't do a lot to raise my levels. If you go that route you might try taking it with omega 3 or some other oil.

Hi Evan,

I'm not expecting miracles as nothing has helped me in 27 years but I'm at the point now where I just have to take something to support the adrenals whether I notice it or not. (HC and glandulars/adaptogens don't seem to help). I have so many other health issues going on that I think it's just taxing the adrenals and hard for me to notice the difference.

I already take omega 3. How does that help with preg?

jeffrez

I take Nutricology, also. It's definitely effective, I can't tolerate a whole tablet, but break them in half or quarters.

My impression is that taking preg with some kind of oil helps with absorption. I could be wrong about that tho.