• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What brand of B12 and folate and where can I buy in UK

I live in UK. Few years ago took Enzymatic Therapy B12 and Solgar Metafolin. Want to try again. What are regarded as best brands now and where to buy? Enymatic Therapy not sold much in UK now. Many thanks.

Oberon

Those are both still considered the best brands along with Country Life Methylcobalamin. Some who can afford it have been switching to b12oils.com which is a transdermal based B12 solution with higher absorption over an extended period of time.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@langdale - you can buy both Solgar metafolin and Enzymatic Therapy B12 at Amazon UK. I use the Solgar Metafolin and like it a lot. For B12 I use Bluebonnet liquid methylcobalamin (5000 mcg), also available through Amazon UK.

arewenearlythereyet

I used to use Jarrows methyl B12 and source naturals dibencozide sublinguals both from Amazon. I've switched to the b12 oils from Australia. These work out as £40 per bottle when you order 3 at a time. This delivers a much better effective dose and I switched once I got up to 10mg of methyl sublingual mainly since it's a gradual delivery rather than boom or bust, it's absorption rate is around 80% as oppose to the 5-10% of the sublinguals. I take 2 squirts of the oil per day (delivers more than 10mg by a long way) and a bottle lasts a month.

Many thanks for replies. Bought those two original ones again for another go. The Enymatic Therpay did make my B12 high in test by GP but no effect on symptoms. Will keep transdermal in mind too - thanks for tip