• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

weird symptoms with mono spongy head / I think I’ve relapsed ?

When I was first ill following glandular fever / the start of my PVFS/CFS illness I had terrible spongy head at the back of my head and weird symptoms and memory loss like I feel easily disorientated and feel I can’t remember something that’s been said earlier. I feel stoned. I’ve been recently doing a lot of academic work and that symptom has come back ... perhaps because I’ve been over doing it ? I’m totally used to fatigue and ordinary CFS brain fog but this isn’t like that! Its a really unsettling feeling. This time though I have no pins and needles but my body feels really weird and it feels as if something just isn’t quite right. I’ve not had this symptom in over 18 months and it feels so strange and is giving me anxiety. I’m just gonna have to ride it out but I was hoping someone would be able to give me reassurance if they’d had mono / GF before ?

Thanks.

two weeks on and still can’t think straight .... i really hope I haven’t relapsed :(

Last edited: