• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weds 11 April, 2pm | One-minute silence in memory of 'Bob' - Robert Courtney

Sasha

Fine, thank you
$.jpg

Bob's funeral will begin in Feltham, London, at 2pm British Summer Time on Wednesday and many of us are joining in a one-minute silence to remember him at that time. We invite you to join us.

People overseas are welcome to join in, either at the same time (this will show you when it's 2pm in the UK at your location) or at 2pm in your local time.

Bob's sister Vicki (@vickster) has created a JustGiving page for him, with some photos and some lovely words and background on Bob from his family. If you click 'read more', you can see below the web address for the Open Medicine Foundation and if you scroll further down, there are links to the UK charities, including two ME ones (the ME Association and Invest in ME).

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

Am cross-posting on both boards but wanted to share that I did a moment of silence at 2 pm (Pacific Time) and when I said the daily prayer for my mom who passed away four weeks ago, I said it a second time for Bob. Goodbye Bob, you were very beloved to this community and you are at peace now (this still makes me cry to type it). Many blessings of comfort to your family as you grieve.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Bob, we've all been sending you messages and so hope something gets though to let you know how much you are missed and also, how glad we are that your suffering is over.